TGMcCallie

Question about proper cameras

I will be ordering Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-8-8 channel DVR

I will be hooking this up to my 50 inch Plasma HD TV through a HDMI cable. This should give me the best video picture???

I would like to use a camera that will give me good resolution. I have looked at Q-See QD6502BN. This is 2.8-12mm focus

with 120 range. The stated resolution is 650. It has the Sony Exview CCD II, Effio-E chip 1/3 dia lense.

My home is 35 feet to 40 feet from the road and the field of view is 115 ft wide at the road. The back yard is approx the same.

I will be useing 7 or 8 cameras.

I can get these for about 125.00 each shipped which is not too bad of a price. I could use less expensive cameras in back yard.

What do you think about these cameras? Do you have some other suggestion? I have to have cameras with white cases.I am new to this forum so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I will be ordering Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-8-8 channel DVR

I will be hooking this up to my 50 inch Plasma HD TV through a HDMI cable. This should give me the best video picture???

I would like to use a camera that will give me good resolution. I have looked at Q-See QD6502BN. This is 2.8-12mm focus

with 120 range. The stated resolution is 650. It has the Sony Exview CCD II, Effio-E chip 1/3 dia lense.

My home is 35 feet to 40 feet from the road and the field of view is 115 ft wide at the road. The back yard is approx the same.

I will be useing 7 or 8 cameras.

I can get these for about 125.00 each shipped which is not too bad of a price. I could use less expensive cameras in back yard.

What do you think about these cameras? Do you have some other suggestion? I have to have cameras with white cases.I am new to this forum so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Just to help you to make up your mind

here what u get with MP Cam

(I had to resize pix for forum )

Here what u get with reg Analog cam

your field 115 ft of view is VERY wide

Clipboard012.jpg.101bd2f7c3f3fdd801f6150d3028c94c.jpg

outmp.jpg.bb923ed67cc479e65dc48cc77e7c3cd6.jpg

+1 on MP IP cameras.

If MP is within your budget. Go for it. The picture quality is clearer then analog and the colors are more sharp.

Ak357 uses a screen cap of my youtube video as a comparison!

You don't really have to resort to using screen caps to compare an MP picture do you? I mean, really Now THAT'S sad- and hysterical! If you sat down and showed me those two pics for your comparison presentation- I'd show you the door before you could utter another word. Ridiculous comparisons do nothing for me. I suppose most of your clients are as unenlightened as you figure the OP is.

By all means, if you wish to use my material for your presentations I'd be more than happy to supply you with pics from the actual backups. It'll save you the work. Just ask me- I'm more than accomodating and it'll make you look less of a fool.

So, if you haven't been convinced by that show of screen cap wizardry to go with MP cams...I haven't used those q-see cameras so I don't know. Some here may have- maybe they'll check in. Do a search for them and read- there's a ton of info about all kinds of cameras here. Check out gadspot. com for some decent cameras that will cost you less for the same and better specs, too. Those I do use.

The screen cap mister ak357 used is from my ptz. This is at it's widest, looking out some 40' with a wide fov-

190640_1.jpg

And he IS right there is no way to expect an ID shot from that with an analog camera that wide. This is a somewhat tighter shot and it's still not great-

190640_2.jpg

Here it's better when zoomed in 12x on the mailbox, but then you lose your wide fov. And really, you'd need an even tighter shot than this for a really good shot-

190640_3.jpg

Have overview shots of the front and back- that's fine. But tighter shots are needed for ID, such as doors and windows.

danFDnight1-1.jpg

Cmas2-1.jpg

Good luck to you.

Ak357 uses a screen cap of my youtube video as a comparison!

You don't really have to resort to using screen caps to compare an MP picture do you? I mean, really Now THAT'S sad- and hysterical! If you sat down and showed me those two pics for your comparison presentation- I'd show you the door before you could utter another word. Ridiculous comparisons do nothing for me. I suppose most of your clients are as unenlightened as you figure the OP is.

By all means, if you wish to use my material for your presentations I'd be more than happy to supply you with pics from the actual backups. It'll save you the work. Just ask me- I'm more than accomodating and it'll make you look less of a fool.

So, if you haven't been convinced by that show of screen cap wizardry to go with MP cams...I haven't used those q-see cameras so I don't know. Some here may have- maybe they'll check in. Do a search for them and read- there's a ton of info about all kinds of cameras here. Check out gadspot. com for some decent cameras that will cost you less for the same and better specs, too. Those I do use.

The screen cap mister ak357 used is from my ptz. This is at it's widest, looking out some 40' with a wide fov-

And he IS right there is no way to expect an ID shot from that with an analog camera that wide. This is a somewhat tighter shot and it's still not great-

Here it's better when zoomed in 12x on the mailbox, but then you lose your wide fov. And really, you'd need an even tighter shot than this for a really good shot-

Have overview shots of the front and back- that's fine. But tighter shots are needed for ID, such as doors and windows.

Do really believe I use your shots for my presentations

then you are naive person

and by the way I Ask you for AVI file if I remember few days ago

Hey Mr contradicting yourself in one breath- ya wanna make up your mind with those two statements?

Hey Mr contradicting yourself in one breath- ya wanna make up your mind with those two statements?

My Forum posting and customer presentations for me are 2 different thing

Customer presentations are business

Forum is fun