ljk-wxm

Sony EVI D70 PTZ cameras - how to use Cat 5????

We have 2 EVI D70s.

Currently one is controlled by a homemade VB interface and one is controlled by Remote Control.

The remote control is pants. VISCA cables are like hen's teeth - hard to find. Cat 5 is easy to come by.

My aim is to have both linked by daisy chaining and controlled by the software on the laptop.

My idea: To use Cat5 cable with the RS422 connectors on the back of the PTZs > into a patch panel > out via Cat5 to an rj45/db9 adapter and into the laptop serial port.

The little I know is not enough I need help with a wiring diagram and pinouts for this set up. Anyone?????

We have 2 EVI D70s.

Currently one is controlled by a homemade VB interface and one is controlled by Remote Control.

The remote control is pants. VISCA cables are like hen's teeth - hard to find. Cat 5 is easy to come by.

My aim is to have both linked by daisy chaining and controlled by the software on the laptop.

My idea: To use Cat5 cable with the RS422 connectors on the back of the PTZs > into a patch panel > out via Cat5 to an rj45/db9 adapter and into the laptop serial port.

The little I know is not enough I need help with a wiring diagram and pinouts for this set up. Anyone?????

Hi

Did you solve this problem ?

Do you have VISCA soft in your laptop ?

Philip

Vidocanada@gmail.com