NJgunner

I am looking to do an IP camera setup at my home please help

Hi I am a CCTV/Access installer and am planning to do a system at my home. My lot is apro 80x100 so it is not very big. I will be adding one camera to start with and if I have to make it a nice megapixel I will. I install mostly high end equip for pharm companies so I have no knowledge when it comes to residential stuff.

can you turn an old PC install a network disk recorder or do they make decent homeowner types? I have an old PC thats like a 2.5ghz that I could dedicate I just want to be able to get quality footage and be able to see it from my smartphone. If I have to spend a couple hundred on a high quality camera I will..I will be starting with one outdoor camera probably a fixed camera and then add a few morein the future.

What application is recommended? Thanks!

Hey NJGunner, I know that ACTi and Geovision both come with software that support their cameras and both offer remote viewing. I'd personally go in favor of the Geovision software, just as it's more popular and a little easier to configure. There are also a lot of Geovision cameras in your price range. They should come with the software inside of the camera box.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any other questions.

I first need to figure out how I am going to record...as I said I have an older PC with 2.5ghz processor 500 something mb ram and a network card.....can I turn this into the network recorder?

Based on the specs it seems like an outdated machine. Why not buy a standalone NVR?

I first need to figure out how I am going to record...as I said I have an older PC with 2.5ghz processor 500 something mb ram and a network card.....can I turn this into the network recorder?

Based on the specs it seems like an outdated machine. Why not buy a standalone NVR?

can you recommend an economical NVR? I wouldnt need a ton of recording space please give me some advice/links as I said I would probably startout with one megapixel camera