T-Tech

PSS on an iMac 10.7.4

Hey guys I've been pouring over the Internet and can't find anything to help me with a problem I have. I have a brand new 27" iMac running 10.7.4 Lion. I have the latest version of XQuartz as well as the latest version of PSS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and still nothing happens. PSS isn't opening and it isn't opening XQuartz. Any ideas guys would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.

When you try to open PSS do you get an icon that pops up in your dock that has an orange X? Or do you get one that says X11? Or do you get nothing at all?

If you are getting X11, that means your system is still trying to use it instead of XQuartz. Logging out and logging back in on your computer should resolve that.

If it is showing the orange X (meaning XQuartz) but nothing else is happening, wait up to 2-3 minutes. The first time you try to use PSS with XQuartz it can take a LONG time for it to initialize. Each boot up after that should be much shorter (I usually find it is 15 seconds or less).

If you are not getting X11 or XQuartz icon to appear in dock and you have waited 2-3 minutes at least and still don't see anything, you've got something else going on.