nabberuk

DVR Capture Card for custom software

Hi,

I'm looking into developing my own PC based CCTV system, I have 4 analog camera's (1 with PTZ). I'm trying to source a capture card, I'm a little unsure on what features to look for.

Currently looking at a cheapy one > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-264-CCTV-4-8-16Ch-Video-8Ch-Audio-200-240fps-CCTV-Camera-DVR-PCI-Capture-Card-/320879812725#ht_5645wt_900

Am i correct in thinking i need to look at the framerates? i.e the above one is 200fps (PAL) i would get a max framerate 25fps based on 8 camera's?

I should also point out that this is just a project at home (not going to sell it or anything) but i'd still like it to to produce a fairly decent picture.

thanks in advance

I should also point out that this is just a project at home (not going to sell it or anything) but i'd still like it to to produce a fairly decent picture

save your money. that card is crap junk and not from your country. that link is CIF only. look for D1 and dont use ebay.

we have a problem in the UK at the moment with people buying poor systems and cards from ebay from china. it does not work or poor quality