Sign in to follow this  
kalshienmar

qvis mk 11 dvr (Apollo) port forwarding

Hi all .. my mate has just installed a 4 channel security system with 4 cameras. Every thing works great .. i can see 4 images on my screen from the DVR , can any one tell me how to configure my router for port forwarding so i can view it wirelessy on my computer in my lounge and on my iphone. . I have downloaded a app from apple called Apollo client which is recommended by qvis . Desperate .. Thank you

I Have a netgear vmdg480 super hub Router

Hi all .. my mate has just installed a 4 channel security system with 4 cameras. Every thing works great .. i can see 4 images on my screen from the DVR , can any one tell me how to configure my router for port forwarding so i can view it wirelessy on my computer in my lounge and on my iphone. . I have downloaded a app from apple called Apollo client which is recommended by qvis.

I need help to configure my router netgear VMDG480 with port forwarding so i can connect remotely when i am at work or any where else in the world. . The people at qvis told me it is port 80 and port 37777. I rang my isp but they said they can not help me. can any one please help or configure my network remotely. I do not have a static ip address because it is a residential property and my service provider will not supply one .The cctv system is installed with qvis RG59 video cable with 2 core power supply cable . Thank you in advance. .

Hi Mate .. thanks for your help .. i have followed the instructions and now can see all 4 cameras on my iphone 4.

I can only see live cameras on my iphone when i am connected to my home wireless network .. i can not see any thing when i am away from home and logged on mobile phone network. can you please tell me how to view my home cctv when i am away from home or at work at my works pc . Thank you

hi. sounds like you are using the same ip address at both local and away from your network (if router is setup right)

at home you would be using 192.168.0.x this is your local ip (wireless) you will need your external ip for when you are away from your home

if you click here from your pc at home it will give you your external ip http://whatismyipaddress.com/

setup two DVRs on your iphone 1 with external ip and 1 with your internal ip

Great, thanks for letting us know. I always like to hear that a solution worked. This thread might be helpful to someone else now.