cly

Vivotek vs D-Link vs Axis PTZ

Can anyone advise me if the extra cost associated with an Axis camera is really worth it - is the image actually that much better than a Vivotek or a D-Link?

I am looking at the following three cameras (and their rough prices in AUD):

1) Vivotek PZ8121W ($600)

2) D-Link DCS-5635 ($1000)

3) Axis 214PTZ ($1500)

They all appear to have similar specs - except the Axis is not wireless, whereas the other two are wireless. All have at least a 10x optical zoom which is important for me. The camera I end up with will be used for some media streaming indoors, so no need for any enclosures, etc.

The Vivotek, which I have used before, has an ok image, but not as good as a cheaper Cisco WVC210 that I also own (but the Cisco has no optical zoom) - are the other 2 really that much better, especially the Axis? I am leaning towards the Axis as I know they're great reliable cameras, but is the value really there compared to the other two?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks. Do you think the cost-benefit is there for the extra $900 from jumping from the vivotek to the axis? What exactly would I be getting for the extra money?

IMHO this is the order you should go:

Axis

Vivo

D-link

def better image with axis.

" title="Applause" /> Completely agree. The Axis camera will last you 5 times longer than the Vivotek or D-Link plus its significantly better built with much nicer software and great tech support. I would just say it all depends on how much you're going to be using it, will it be doing a tour all day for several years? if so I would 100% go with the Axis because it won't break down. On the other hand if it's just going to me looking at your front door and once a month you're going to use it to pan around then you could get away with the Vivotek or D-Link but don't expect them to have the same lifespan or overall quality (image, hardware, and software) as the Axis camera.

Colin B

http://zeecure.com

hi i would also go...... axis first then look at the sony SNC-RZ25N next then bosh before i would look at the vivotek and D-link is over priced.

axis and sony are around the same spec size login site available for the sony if you need a play

193642_1.jpg193642_2.jpg

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I think I'll go with an Axis.