pizzaHEMI

Cameras with Audio

Okay...I have been informed that you can no longer buy cameras for a business with audio....any recommendations.

Spec: Indoor / BNC style connector

Thanks

You were misinformed PizzaHemi, but most analog cameras with integrated mic are low end quality. There are IP cams out there that offer ADPCM (100:1) audio onboard that work very well. The audio portion utlilizes 32kb bandwidth and the quality is excellent.

Another option for adding audio is using a analog camera setup is the Crown PZM-11LL Pressure Zone Microphone (line Level). We use these in Govt. applications and they work very well. Obtaining crystal clear audio takes mixers/amplifiers and expensive equipment, so most people will not want to budget for that.

scottj

You may want to ask why exactly you can't get the cameras with audio. It may even be for legal (state laws) reasons.

Okay.....I FINALLY got the wiring schematic from the MFG. and have a wiring question. First here are the specs starting from the 1PM clockwise position on a 6-pin connector.

PIN 1: B+

PIN 2; AUDIO IN

PIN 3: AUDIO B+

PIN 4: NC

PIN 5: AUDIO OUT

PIN 6; VIDEO IN

Note that these cameras had the ability to use audio out...a little speaker was built into each. Also, the power was sent through this same connector....there was no seperate power supply other then through the monitor.

My only concern is the ability to connect:

1. Power to the camera

2. Video out to the DVR

3. Audio out to the DVR

I need to use a BNC connector!

Thanks again and again.

Steve