Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Bobby

help selecting equipment

hey guys I've been reading a lot and trying to make selections based on what i have read in the last few days but think there is just to much info for me to fully comprehend so i need some help.

let me start off by saying what i need out of this system.

3 cameras

I will have one cameras on either side of my garage about 9-10 feet up they will be mounted about 2 feet above flood lights i currently have installed with 100watt daylight bulbs- these cameras will need to see clearly for roughly 80 feet- clear enough to make out faces and plates.

the other will be next to the door just to the right of my garage max range on this will be 20 feet with very detailed images

all cameras will need to be both day and night rated and will have to with stand potentially 120 degree Arizona heat

Budget: $500-700USD

DVR requirements:

4 channel (only using 3 cameras)

500GB HD

full D1

garage cameras will need to be set to 10-15fps

door cam will be set to 5-7.5 fps

camera requirements:

garage cams see 80 feet clearly to see plates and 30 feet for faces

door cam view 20 feet for face detail

My house is the one to the right (as viewed from the street) of the house with the pool.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.385697,-112.127684&spn=0.000405,0.00066&t=h&z=21&lci=com.panoramio.all

if you have any questions please ask i will respond as soon as possible.

Yes I thought so, well that DVR has a good spec for the money and comes from a reliable manufacturer.

It offers great value and is feature rich.

I am not familiar with the cameras in the US so hopefully someone will give yo some guidance.

hi the only problem with the avalon units is no free remote software. we have a test remote software but far from being ready.

for your budget look at the dahua pro or go hybrid with the aver nano 8

full 30fps is what i ment

dont waste money on hard drive space. 15fps is all you need at max and in most cases 7fps is good