fifi11

possible camera resolution for a D1 dvr

Hi,

I am interested in a D1 1 or 4 channel dvr , that does D1 encoding ( 704 x 576 PAL )

I already have two 352x288 PAL cameras and wonder wether recording will be possible with this

DVR , more generally can I use any HxV PAL cameras as slong as H is less than 704 and V less than 576 ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

I am interested in a D1 1 or 4 channel dvr , that does D1 encoding ( 704 x 576 PAL )

I already have two 352x288 PAL cameras and wonder wether recording will be possible with this

DVR , more generally can I use any HxV PAL cameras as slong as H is less than 704 and V less than 576 ?

Thanks for your help !

hi any camera around 560tvl will do. dont get caught up in 700 or 900 tvl camera specs its all sales pitch.

Hi ,

thanks for your answer !

When you say 560 tvl, does a 720 x 576 PAL camera would be ok ?

Analog cameras are rated in TV Lines, which roughly corresponds to vertical resolution. They ARE NOT typically rated in HxV pixels.

Analog cameras are rated in TV Lines, which roughly corresponds to vertical resolution. They ARE NOT typically rated in HxV pixels.

Are u sure vertical ?

hmm

Number of horizontal scan lines equates to vertical resolution? What about that doesn't make sense?

Number of horizontal scan lines equates to vertical resolution? What about that doesn't make sense?

Simple

in any conversation whether with Tried , ADI, any online store

when we talk about Analog camera TV Lines of resolution

we ALWAYS refer Hor resolution ( which is number of vertical lines)

and you are the first who should know this

you are welcome to call me and "argue"

Simple

in any conversation whether with Tried , ADI, any online store

when we talk about Analog camera TV Lines of resolution

we ALWAYS refer Hor resolution ( which is number of vertical lines)

and you are the first who should know this

you are welcome to call me and "argue"

Hi ak357,

Actually, I don't understand neither why the number of tv lines would equate more or less the horizontal definition, that I think is the number of pixel on a horizontal line .

I thought the horizontal definition would be the number of vertical lines and the vertical definition the number of horizontal lines .

In a 1024x768 display, 768 is the vertical definition and number of horizontal lines, isnt'it ?

Thanks for your explanations

In a 1024x768 display, 768 is the vertical definition and number of horizontal lines, isnt'it ?

hi. yes your right. 1024 x 768 is width x hight.

pixel on a horizontal line .

width x hight and pixel are only a form of measurements ..... you need data to give the quality

I have looked closer to the specifications of the pinhole camera: it has 380 tv lines and 2.2mm focal length .

With this camera, the quality of image is ok when the person is close enough , when the object is further it gets more difficult to distinguish someone's face .

Maybe it's a problem of image resolution, or also of focal length , I don't know .

I'd like the spy camera to be able to focus clearly on someone's face from 3 feet to 10 feet .

What focal length should work for that ?

Thanks