quick_pick

Lens for Ganz MP1DN 1/2" 1.3 Megapixel d/n camera

That looks like a 1/2" CS mount lens. It could be C mount, but most modern MP lenses are CS mount. You'll want one rated for both MP and IR use to get the best results, though any 1/2" CS mount lens will work.

They recommend Computar, and I've had good luck with Computar's MPIR series lenses, though I've only used the 1/3" versions. They're a little pricey, but clear and solid. Another decent lens for a reasonable price is the Arecont MPL4-10 (4.5-10mm, 1:1.6, manual iris, IR corrected, around $100). It's not super fast or super clear, but is good for the money.

Am I able to use the lens from my iq752 on my Ganz MP1DN?

Also, the lens on my several other camera's has a wire that gets plugged into the camera's body

The lens on my iq752 does not have that wire

What is the wire that goes from the lens to the camera body?

Thanks

[if ya can't pick it in under two minutes, drill it]

As long as they're both C/CS mount, then yes, they should be interchangeable.

That wire is to control the lens's iris. You can't use that type of lens on a camera that doesn't have the connector for it, as the iris is closed by default and won't open without a signal from the camera.

Lenses without the wire are fixed or manual iris and will work on any camera.

As Soundy says, it'll work - the IQ752 also uses fixed iris 1/2" lenses. One thing to note with a fixed iris lens on a MP camera is that setting the focus can be very finicky when the iris is wide open, especially with a little bit of network lag. My Areconts are very difficult to focus precisely, and a Siemens focus star is a necessity for me.

If you close down the iris a bit, it's easier to focus, but you lose some low light performance, of course.