HomePlaneR

PTZ position that arrives continuously from a PTZ camera

Hello.

I need to find a PTZ IP camera that can stream its PTZ position continuously. I mean the following: I don't want to make HTTP-request each time in order to get the position, but I want to have it arriving all the time with video frames, per example by RTP stream of meta-data (as it proposed by ONVIF) or directly inside of video stream. The best way is such that ONVIF propose, but unfortunately ONVIF doesn't oblige PTZ cameras to transmit the position in that way.

Can you name me some models of PTZ IP cameras that are capable to do that? Or is there a standardized way to know for a given camera if it supports this feature or not?

I tried to ask directly technical supports of several manufacturers about their models. I was surprised to know that some models of AXIS cameras had this feature but in new firmware versions it is blocked. Is it true?

I'm quite happy to find your forum in the hope that I can find the answers here. Thank you in advance.

Not quite sure if I follow you, but in my ptz it's a simple display setting with choices of position on the screen and how long it displays, such as seconds, minutes, or constant on. Any movement and those numbers of course keep updating while displayed. I keep them off. The only info I have show is zoom numbers. I suppose the only way to know how a camera supports the display is a pdf manual or asking the seller to confirm.

Not quite sure if I follow you, but in my ptz it's a simple display setting with choices of position on the screen and how long it displays, such as seconds, minutes, or constant on. Any movement and those numbers of course keep updating while displayed. I keep them off. The only info I have show is zoom numbers. I suppose the only way to know how a camera supports the display is a pdf manual or asking the seller to confirm.

He need actual data from PTZ

to capture in real time all the time

u are talking about OSD

u are talking about OSD

I'm talking about real time pan, tilt, zoom readouts which update with every movement of the camera. The settings for displaying such info on screen of course is in the OSD, which is what I was refering to. But I'm not even sure that's what he's getting at.

He's looking for a PTZ that will output that information as a constant data/metadata stream, rather than just on OSD. One would assume this was for use with some sort of control or analytics software - another system that controls the camera that you would want to keep apprised of its exact position.

u are talking about OSD

He's looking for a PTZ that will output that information as a constant data/metadata stream, rather than just on OSD. One would assume this was for use with some sort of control or analytics software - another system that controls the camera that you would want to keep apprised of its exact position.

That is exactly what I need.

Thanks to everyone for the participation. Can you give me some info about the subject? At least can I be sure that this feature is not really so common in practice?

Can you let us in on the reason of having to know the ptz location constantly? I'm just curious.

We develop some soft for video surveillance. To implement some features we need to know PTZ position. Usually PTZ position could be obtained by HTTP request, but we are searching for another way (if it exists) to do that and not to charge the network by the permanent requests.