Sign in to follow this  
trauts14

bouncing frame/image

when i view my zmodo 4 ch dvr (currently without hard drive) locally and remotely the image jumps/bounces approx every second. even with a new camera it bounces. i have tried d1/hd1/cif...and changed the FPS, but still have this prob. any assistance is appreciated.

Check the BNC connectors. I had this situation today with a dvr I replaced. Actually, two channels had jumping video. Tightening the BNC connectors on the ends of the cable solved the issue.

thanks, i will try that. i have heard of this prob before and would love to hear from others that may have encountered this issue before.

I had something maybe similar on an old Q-See dvr. 2 of the channels had a slight jitter to them when viewed on the tv that was connected to the dvr. The image did not

jitter when viewed on my phone.

Can't really give you a solution because I just ended up upgrading to a Dahua dvr. It fixed itself after the dvr swap.

Had this problem with a GeoVision GV-600 before. I tried everything to fix it. Changed BNC connectors, installed a newer version of Direct X, added an aftermarket video card instead of using onboard, updated GeoVision drivers and installed latest DVR software, couldn't fix it. I am guessing it was in the DVR card itself, or the card was getting old