tramarco

Cameras keep freezing on monitoring station - Video Insight

Hello

I recently started out as IT support with NO CCTV experience at all! Now I have been thrown into the deep end and need to start swimming quick!

The system is running Video Insight V4 and the problem is that the cameras keep freezing on the monitoring station in my boss' office but are running fine on the server.

When they freeze, I restart the app (on the PC in his office) and when it opens again, the cameras work fine for a while, before freezing up again.

I have already ruled out the possibility of network performance. Both the server and PC are running gigabit ethernet and are utilizing less than 2.5% according to the task manager.

The setup is as follows:

15 coax-BNC connectors to VP16 DVR.

CAT5e UTP from DVR to switch

Server and PC connected to switch via CAT 6 UTP

Any help would be greatly appreciated- my job is on the line!!!

Sir,

What is the CPU/RAM usage on the Monitor Station machine? What version of Video Insight are you running? If you need further help, our all USA-based Tech Support is here from Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm CST and can be reached by telephone at (713)621-9779 or support@video-insight.com . We would be more than ready to assist you with this issue. Please let me us know if you need anything.

Regards,

James Wroblewski

Video Insight Support