Rahul1023

Help with my DVR System

I am new to setting up a DVR System and I am need of some help... The specifications are as follows:

Asus P4GE-MX Mainboard

Antec Aria Case w/300w PSU

P4 2.80 Ghz Socket 478 CPU with 533mhz FSB

Kodicom 8-Channel DVR Card

4 x White ITP Camera's

2 x 250GB HD's for Video Data

Problematic Hardware:

ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Video Card w/128MB DDR Memory

Ok, here is the problem I have. I need to get TV-Out to a television set but the kodicom card does not have a TV-Out plug. Basically I have all the necessary wiring for it, but I don't have the plug on the computer. So I purchased the ATI Card for that very feature. But, the only way it works is that either I can have video out coming to the TV, or the LCD Screen (connected via VGA Port) I can't seem to get both to work. I did get as far as getting a frozen screen on either the TV or the LCD Screen. But basically I need a TV-Out from this DVR System. That is the only thing left to do. Also, I am using DVRNet Site Software, and if I try to duplicate both outputs to the TV and LCD Monitor, I get an Direct Overlay Error in the software. Which is very odd. Now, I can still return the video card provided theres an alternative way to accomplish what I need, but my spending limit for this is only $100. But I can be flexible for the price. If someone can please help me with finding out how I can do this, I'll be very grateful. Btw, Ive tried a geforce card, and it didn't even have continous video on the TV-Set.

Any help is appreciated.

A possible solution for you might be to get a Quad-Multiplexer and put it in between the cams and the DVR. Output from the Quad is analog, so no problem using a TV. Make sure you get one with looping outputs so you can have your feeds to pass through to the DVR.

You should be able to get a cheap quad for <$100.

This will also work independent of the DVR display for more customized views..

I must also mention, I have BNC Connectors for all the video camera's as well as the Wiring going to the TV. Except the tv has a adapter for BNC to RCA. I am trying not to spend alot of money on accomplishing this, I was hoping there was simply a card which plugs into the Computer to achieve this, or perhaps an add-on device to get TV-Out from the kodicom card. btw, for the multiplexer, wouldn't I need T-Connectors for the BNC plugs to get an output and 4 more cables to get it to the multiplexer? how much would all that and the wiring run me? Also is there more options?

Thanks for the reply btw

Video signal processed with DVR card can often fail to split.

This is even with setting up VGA monitor and regular TV to have same screen. Very ofte, you won't get what you expect.

I always tell my dealers to get VGA splitter. Signal stays same for short distance. and get an adapter VGA-DVI / VGA-SVideo / VGA-RCA.

It might run anywhere between $50-150 total.

Since this shows duplicate screen, whatever the user does with DVR will show on monitor.

Spot monitor output is one aspect to overlook easily. Make sure that the customer understands about it.

I think CCTVDude's solution fits better because I would rather not have anything but the 4 video outputs on the screen of the TV-Set, I would rather not have the people walking in notice what is happening on the DVR Security system. My next question is, where can I purchase one of these Multiplexers for <$100... websites are most welcome.. I also hope the cabling for the multiplexer is also cheap....

thanks for all of your help guys.

Hi,

Ive used that Video card with 2 different DVR cards, Iview and Geo, and although it is not the easiest to set up, you can make it work with both a TV and PC Monitor, just needs some settings changed.

Its been a while so I cant remeber straight off what I did, but if you can get some screen shots of the Ati settings, PM or email me them, or post here if you want. If not, do you have VNC can check it out.

What I normally do, if I dont have the DSP card, is use the RCA out, you see what the PC sees, but set the DVR to full screen on start, and a basic user so if someone does come in the room they cant do anything but see the 4 cameras, no GUI and cant access any of the DVR system, without logging back in as Admin.

Rory

Some cheap options on ebay... Click Here

New I pay <$100 from a local vendor. Shouldn't be hard to find online for about that.

Definately the best solution though. Will give best picture and very versitle piece if you reconfigure the system.

If you get one with looping outputs, you don't need T's.

I don't know which settings you wanted so I took screenshots of all of the relevent settings which I messed with on the ATI settings panel. I haven't touched Hydravision, so if you think I need to adjust that, please let me know.

25687_1.jpg

25687_2.jpg

25687_3.jpg

25687_4.jpg

25687_5.jpg

Thanks for searching on ebay for me CCTVDude. I looked into the auctions which you found, but a couple of them are UK models, and one of them has an international plug. So that one is out, the other ones don't mention whether they have BNC connections or not, Is this a standard? Also would I need T connectors and more BNC cabling to wire back to the DVR, or would I be ok with any of these units? They sure are cheap though... I found a multiplexer online for about >$400.

Thanks again..

Download the latest drivers from ATI, from memory they are called Detonator Drivers, make sure you are plugged into both before you start up the computer and you should be able to use both views, do not use extended view of desktop, use clone view, but your DPI on the analogue will make it look poor and it is a conversion so you may not be happy.

Using VGA splitter limits distance unless taking advantage of very good quality cable and gold connectors etc, I would use the quad or cheaper still a looping switcher to get your result, you can not run far from the ATI card if you choose a VGA card option.

Best for PC based would be the DVR's DSP card

I agree quality is not that great on the video card RCA out.