cruelty

recording with dvr

Hi, I have a dvr with 500gb hard drive, it records for around 2 weeks before overwriting footage

I want to only record 3 days then it overwrites

Is this a common setting on dvr's?

Or can I be done?

Thanks

Hi, I have a dvr with 500gb hard drive, it records for around 2 weeks before overwriting footage

Or can I be done?

Thanks

Hi. you could turn everything up run your dvr at max. or replace hard drive for smaller. but to be honest why bother.

you might have a time were you need to leave your dvr for a few days. holidays or something like that

Interesting- wanting less time! As Tom said, max out everything to the highest frame rate and resolution and record 24/7 without motion sensing or masking. That's the first way to blast through a 500 gig!

Or can I be done?

Thanks

I don't think it's a very common setting on dvr's, although some do have it. I've included a screenshot from the manual of the Aver Nano dvr for reference (See #2). If your DVR does not have this feature, then the suggestions given to install a smaller hard drive &/or change quality & framerate settings would be your options - other than purchasing a DVR with the feature to overwrite or delete recordings after x number of days.

AverSystemSetting.thumb.jpg.5063101788ca19a60253af08e66a049a.jpg