MiamiBeachBum

Questions about DVR for Home security..

First off. It's great to fine such an amazing forum here. Had a couple of questions for you guys.

1. Is the geovision software the same for all their cards? I'm looking at either a 120fps 16 channel or a 60 fps 16 channel. BTW I'm only going to be using about 12 cameras.

2. I know more FPS takes up more disk space and Geo put the extra FPS towards the cameras that are recording/have motion. My question is can you cap this FPS for each camera.. I'd only need about 5 FPS recording for outside and about 10 for inside motion and don't want to use up too much disk space.

3. Is there anywhere on the web that shows different FPS video.. So I could tell if 5 FPS would be adequate to view..

4. I saw that some manufactors use output cards to view video. Or something like that. I don't understand this.. Do I need another card to for this? I'd like to be able to use video over my home network and modulate it to a TV channel through cable.

5. Is there a way to password protect or limit access to certain cameras? I'd like everyone in the house to have access to the outdoor cameras but only certain people to have access to the Livingroom, dinning room, familyroom cameras.

thanks

J

1. Is the geovision software the same for all their cards? I'm looking at either a 120fps 16 channel or a 60 fps 16 channel. BTW I'm only going to be using about 12 cameras.

Yes!

2. I know more FPS takes up more disk space and Geo put the extra FPS towards the cameras that are recording/have motion. My question is can you cap this FPS for each camera.. I'd only need about 5 FPS recording for outside and about 10 for inside motion and don't want to use up too much disk space.

Yes!

3. Is there anywhere on the web that shows different FPS video.. So I could tell if 5 FPS would be adequate to view..

Yes!... Just find someone with a Geo hook up and ask them to lower it for you!

5. Is there a way to password protect or limit access to certain cameras? I'd like everyone in the house to have access to the outdoor cameras but only certain people to have access to the Livingroom, dinning room, familyroom cameras.

Yes you can limit any camera... I am not sure what you menat by question 4?

Thanks for your answers.. I figured out question 4.. I was a little confused about the realtime viewing cards.. I thought I needed one to view the cameras live.. But after reading through the forum I realize I only need it if I want to to view at 480fps.