halsaps

just managed to employer let me add some extra 5 cameras but

just managed to get my employer to let me add some extra 5 cameras but

how do i connect the balun to my coaxial cabel i would love it if anyone

has aphoto or diagram what it should look like as at the moment my camera

isn't showing up and when i put them in the terminals they don't look right at all.

so help urgently needed. and much appreciated.

You don't use baluns with coax, you use it with twisted-pair. For coax, you want just BNC connectors. Exactly how you attach them will depend on the specific type, whether twist-on, compression, or crimp-on.

How did your employer allow you to add 5 extra cameras since you don't even know baluns do not

get connected to coax?

oops luckily i have got some of them as well so really what i should use for the baluns looks like telephone wire sorry I am a novice just want to stop the thieves taking all my drill bits and jigsaw blades oh and the showers and expensive taps know I will be getting somewhere hopefully

How did your employer allow you to add 5 extra cameras since you don't even know baluns do not get connected to coax?

Come on - give the guy a break. I thought this was a place where people can come and learn.

oops luckily i have got some of them as well so really what i should use for the baluns looks like telephone wire sorry I am a novice just want to stop the thieves taking all my drill bits and jigsaw blades oh and the showers and expensive taps know I will be getting somewhere hopefully

Cat5 with baluns is the way to go for you. but one thing i would check before you go buying anything. is see if your DVR allows you to add extra cameras. alot of people forget this till its to late.

How did your employer allow you to add 5 extra cameras since you don't even know baluns do not get connected to coax?

Come on - give the guy a break. I thought this was a place where people can come and learn.

Sometimes I just can't hold back...

Sometimes I just can't hold back...

it was a rather foolish mistake no offence taken

for 1 camera the power cable is the same that was in one of the cameras that was in the shop before

which look a bit like table lamp cable the rest I was going to use a good quality hifi cable I take it this

is okay ?

It doesn't matter what the wire was meant for as long as it's 18 gauge give or take 1 or 2 gauges depending

on the length of the run. Are they DC or AC cameras your installing?

It doesn't matter what the wire was meant for as long as it's 18 gauge give or take 1 or 2 gauges depending

on the length of the run. Are they DC or AC cameras your installing?

i am not 100% sure but I think they are DC thanks for replying I think they can be both I do know they will

be wired to a transformer these can be AC or DC though can't they so I will check.

I'm just asking cause a lot of people make a mistake of installing dc cameras and than connecting the wire in reverse if the wire is not red/black and than they end up blowing the camera.

ok thanks i will make sure I don't do that also we have a step transformer which is taking it down to 12v all

the lights on the terminals are on is that normal it says it is a still frame box but I suppose it could be the name of the company that make them I had to change the one amp fuse to get it to turn on any way

the cameras are 24vac or 12v dc from american dynamics.