jnugget

Opinion on this system

Hi guys, need some advice on a cctv system for my house, due to recent break ins and vandalism in the neighborhood I thought it would be a good idea to install one. I found this system online but couldn't find anymore info on the cameras or dvr that are included. I know it is probably cheaper to piece together a system but figured it would be easier if it all came together in one package. any help would be appreciated - John

http://www.cctvsecuritypros.com/esecohideh8c.html

That whole sales pitch would steer me away from buying that setup! First of all, the title says

super high resolution cameras hdmi. These are not hdmi cameras and DO NOT have hdmi resolution!

The dvr has an hdmi output, thats about all. Than, they are selling you 700tvl cameras, but a D1

dvr cannot even process all of those tvl's so your not even getting 700tvl's anyway. And I love the

way they mention EXTREME over and over. C'mon, give me a break!

[mod: edited extra sales stuff out]

I would recommend you look into an IP system. Video quality and resolution is much better then analog. Dahua branded systems are very good and widely recommended on this forum.

NVR

http://www.amazon.com/Dahua-DH-NVR3216-Security-Recorder-Compatible/dp/B008NSBC1C

Dome Camera:

Dahua-IPC-HDB3200C-2MP-Security-Camera-1080p-OUTDOOR-Dome-IP-CCTV-Camera-3-6mm

Bullet Camera:

Dahua-DH-IPC-HFW2100N-1-3MP-720p-OUTDOOR-IR-IP-CCTV-Camera-3-6mm-Fixed-Lens

Listen, PM me and I can sell you an 8 channel full D1,30fps,hdmi output,iphone support, blah blah blah,

with 8 Sony Effio 700tvl's eyeball domes with 42infrareds for ALOT less than that!

From one sales pitch to another.

John, people like to jump in and flex the muscles a lot in forums. Before you get bombarded with 'should and shouldn't', it would be best if you say what you need out of a system. Do you really need to go 'extreme'? Do you really need 16 channels? Do you really need a monitor included with the package? How many areas will you be covering? Interior and exterior, or just exterior? Will 8 cameras be enough? Can the cameras be installed close to the area you want to monitor, or will some need to be a bit away because of obsticles? Have you even done a walk around your exterior and come up with a preliminary plan to place the cameras? Anything more you can give about what you're dealing with in terms of a practical, real world install for your home, the better it will be to help you. The system you link to isn't terrible. But you may not need so much, or to spend that much. And the cameras are fixed 4mm camers, so what you see is what you get- no adjustment available to setup the perfect field of view, such as a varifocal can do. Bottom line- more info needed, if only to help you spend a lot less money for a system that meets your needs better.

Listen, PM me and I can sell you an 8 channel full D1,30fps,hdmi output,iphone support, blah blah blah,

with 8 Sony Effio 700tvl's eyeball domes with 42infrareds for ALOT less than that!

Why do people not read specs.......... yes you can do a 8 way alot less. but the ops price is for a 16 way dahua hdmi D1 30fps on every channel with monitor / cable / fixings and 8 cameras.

so if you look at it as a starter kit it is a very good price. ok the 8 cameras may be over spec but the op also has an extra 8 channels to add and upgrade when budget allows but as far as a package it is a very good price.....

Thats still too much even for a 16channel with 8 of those cameras. You and I know that.

And I did not pull a sales pitch as that other member quoted me. Do you even know what a sales pitch means???

After looking at that DVR; it looks like a Dahua. I'll have to add this site to my Dahua post.

Hi yes its a Dahua. in whats called a unbranded case. (standard) found in this build case from the likes of MAC and IC-Realtime

That's what I meant about the package not being terrible. The drv looks good, the camera not bad, looks to be your choice length of cable, a 19" lcd monitor included- you could do a lot worse. I just suggest the OP does some pre-planning to make sure THAT much of package is really needed.