nadesid

Help neeswith PPS software please

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum so firstly Hello!

I am a home user of a Apollo DVR from ADATA and Use the PSS software which I am find, quite frankly, a nigtmare to understand, even with the manual!

Is there a more friendly software that you could recommend? I am an IT project manager so have a little techy knowledge, so not a complete novice!

If not, I am looking to do the following, and wondered if any of you kind souls may be able to help me do this with the PSS software?

1. I want to set up, on all cameras, for the PSS software to record on motion detection. (I can do this on the DVR but want to set up up to record on my PC)

2. I want to get it to send me an email, with a couple of photos, if it sees movelent (dont know if it can do that or I will ned to set this up on the DVR)

3. I want to add two ip camreas I have set up on the same network. They have fixed IP addresses, on the same network, but when I perform a search it doesnt come up with anything.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nadine

Just a little update on tem 3, I have got it listed, wththe correct IP and port, but the log in fails?

If it is any use the IP camera is a foscam and it in hardwired into the router.

I personally would go with a 3,4, or 5 megapixel camera with low lux and no IR's at all. What will you be

watching this on? Will you be recording it or just watching the stars? Have you thought about setting

up mirrors outside your window and aligning them so you can lay on your bed and look up at the stars?