Sign in to follow this  
guy123

KW-9016 - Is this either the AW-DN9016HF or PST-DVR616

Just bought the KW-9016 (has not been delivered yet, sometime next week). Based on the specs. and "face plate", it seems to either an AW-DN9016HF, PST-DVR616 or a clone/variation of these two.

Once I get the unit, I'll be doing a tear down (have to, need to install the HDD and DVDRW units) to get some idea who the actual manufacturer is.

In the mean time, does anyone know anything about this model?

Attached is a photo of the device (front only)

12.0_34.jpg.e5bcacd7c7055a07d88f646d8dea4641.jpg

I have that exact one. I'm actually selling one for $259 (plus SH) with DVD burner on eBay. Nothing against it, is much better than my old Q-SEE. I believe the original manufacturer is China PST (chinapst dot com). Not much there but Manuals.

For a low cost D1 recorder (120 total fps on all channels) it works pretty good. The GUI is fine for what it is, except maybe the playback is a bit cumbersome, but maybe I haven't figured it all out or played with it enough yet since I'm so used to PC based DVR.

I believe it's pretty new on the market - extremely efficient, gigabit NIC, 16 channel audio, 16 channel alarm, PTZ control, jog shuttle, really is a nice unit. Kind of big, too. Plenty of room to install drives, but the cables they give you with it barely reach to the hard drive holders, but it works.

That's really about all I got so far.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Once I get the unit, I'll try to find out all of the particulars, such as MB manufacturer, primary manufacturer (not the guys who slap on their own labels, etc.), etc.

Hopefully, this unit doesn't become a dud (I already have a Night Owl (relabeled RaySharp unit) and q-see products), since I need to upgrade due to the additional cameras needed (re: 8 vs. 18).

Did some more searching, seems a few people (Chinese vendors) are flogging this unit under their own umbrella...hmmmm

I see what you're getting at, though. If we could find a more popular brand name that uses the same board that supports jog shuttle (which should) then there may be an opportunity to use better firmware. I mean, the capabilities are there with this unit - I've actually been researching some Samsung DVRs that have very similar features - but then again, that's a Korean company - but whose to say these Chinese DVRs on knock offs of more popular brands? If I had JTAG plans for this one I have, I'd have no problems trying - I just don't feel like sacrificing $300 without having a way to revert. Maybe I'll take mine down off of eBay and we can research this thing - you got my curiosity going now. lol

You might be right, however, I have a strange feeling a lot of these manufacturers (or distributors) utilize the same firmware, but you never know (seems that the AW-DN9016HF is quite a popular unit)

Ok, just got the unit, powers up fine.

However, I've examined the inside - just a simple motherboard, no manufacturer's name. Just have a serial/model number on the board: 201204110481.

The firmware is f1axa.0.4.1.20601

The back of the unit has a power switch.

I'll try do additional digging for this unit.