hdtv

UNABLE TO REMOTE ACCES MY SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS.

I decided to install a surveillance cameras in my shop and I cant find the way to remote acces from my house or different computer. first I have a H.264 dvr with four cameras , I have a motorola router netopia 3000 and I have tried all the settings posibles and inposibles on earth but this is not my thing. Is there a way to do this step by step and get it right? Do I have to pay any company to host this kind of service? please advice. I really appreciate any help.

Basicly 3 things for start :

1. obtain / request static ip from youre internet acces provider, tell them that you will run server and that you need open ports ( exacly number of port numbers are specified in DVR numbers)

2. setup port forwarding on ruter for required ports , so youre ruter will know where to forward request from outside when they come

3. look in manual of DVR what browsers are suported & what are requirements ( active x ... )

here is a SAMPLE step by step manual for some other DVR - but youre setup can and will differ from this

http://navcoaustralia.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106&Itemid=134

I tried to set up a surveillance camera to my store but it didn't work out, hope somebody can help.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Any body can solve my problem,,pls...every time to connect to my cctv online have message, too many connection...but i reset my router....i did connect it....pls how to solve this problem... help help...tnx

hi , i had the same problem in the beginning and was pulling my hair out , then i tried to view the dvr using a different FREE 'remote viewing APP' not the reccomended one from the supplier,

it worked for me and i now use diffferent apps for different systems,

also make sure you have the 'factory default' selected ports open, most systems need 3 open but in my experience not all ports are shown open when checking CANUSEEME but 2 are and all works well

good luck

On Motorola Netopia routers, the setting you are looking for is called "Pinholes", not Port Forwarding.

If this is a modem/router combo and was supplied by your isp, that means you are probably on AT&T. Trust me on this, ddns is worth the extra effort. If you do a static ip, they'll sell them to you in a block of 5 and usually mess up your network pretty bad to boot.

Set the dvr to dhcp (restart if necesarry). Write down the ip that it gets. From here, I'll assume it got 192.168.1.123. Set the dvr back to static with the ip 192.168.1.200. Take note of your router's ip. If your on at&t, it's probably 192.168.1.254. Set the dns option to this ip as well. Restart again if needed.

Most dvrs use three ports. One for normal computer access (9000), one for web access (80), and one for mobile (may be 18004, 100, 15961, etc).

To log into your router (again, assuming it's at&t here), point your browser to http://192.168.1.254. User is "admin", password is either the device access code printed on the router or the serial number on the router. (Unless you changed it, but then you already know it...)

Under advanced configuration, look for "pinholes". Set up three of them as follows:

Name: (Whatever) 1

All three fields that mention port: 9000

Destination IP: 192.168.1.200

Name: (Whatever) 2

All three fields that mention port: 80

Name: (Whatever) 3

All three fields that mention port: 18004 (or whichever the dvr is using for mobile devices)

You'll notice a yellow icon at the top right. Click that. Then it takes you to a page where you can Save Change or Save changes and Restart. Click on "Save Changes and Restart". Your connection will drop for a second and come back up. At this point, you should be golden.

For future reference, the static ip you set on the dvr is arbitrary, but the first three number (192.168.1 in this example) must match the router and the last number (200 in this example) must NOT match anything other device on the network (e.g. computer, another dvr, your router). Also, the last number must be between 1 and 254.

Questions?