Sign in to follow this  
lynaugh26

Newbie trying to setup a nightclub IP system

hello this is going to be my first ip system install and just wanted to get a second opinion before spending a ton of money. we are going to be buying around 50 cameras(42 indoor, 6 outdoor, 2 PTZ) not sure if they are the right option for me or not. the indoor cams are Sony SNC-DH110, the outdoor are Sony SNC-DH160, and the PTZs are Sony SNC-EP550, they will all be in mostly very low light. they also do not have a cover which im afraid smoke from cigarettes will ruin them. they each will be tied into a POE switch(s)then into a PC with around 24TB of HD space that will have MileStone Xprotect Enterprise for recording. im at around $33,500 and have a little wiggle room, any suggestions will greatly be appreciated, thank you for your time!

las vegas, nv. will be end user and also the installer(will have the electricians run the conduit and the cat6, ill be hanging the cameras and setting the rest of the system up) and just heard from a few people that milestone was the way to go because of the options it has, honestly if its one of the best programs it will be worth paying the extra money to save costs in legal cases involving our club. but like i said im just going off references, havent used it first hand yet.

why do you like those cameras? those inside cameras look exactly like the dahua domes that go for less than half the price. 42 is a fark of a lot of cameras for inside a club. lighting will be a serious issue and there are few mp cameras that will handle that sort of lighting *well* - you'd be better off *making sure* you have the *right* camera for that situation, and if it costs more, then adjust your number of cameras to fit your budget (although foregoing milestone will save you a bundle right there).

holy crap, just looked up the specs on that mini-dome, the minimum illumination is *5.0 lux*?? You won't see *anything* with them inside the club - you'll be lucky if a spotlight shining right on the camera is visible.

why the fark do people still think sony is a viable camera brand name???

I just completed a 28 camera MP install for a large club/event center. We did the full project with Avigilon and it turned out very well. I would strongly recommend looking at different cameras. Those DH110 and EP550 are not going to do well without lots of light. Also Milestone is a bug resource hog so be prepared to purchase high end server and client machines to handle that amount of cameras. You can do a lot better with different software.

thank you, consider those cameras gone! i was considering a qnap system but they only go up to 48 channels so theres no adding cameras later on. do you have any suggestion son what i should use. im open to any ideas,

thanks, i really appreciate it i will have to call them this week and see if i can work something out with them

Let them refer you to a dealer in your area that will help you. I can't imagine a dealer haveing a problem with you doing most of the work. We all hate pulling cable.

Let them refer you to a dealer in your area that will help you. I can't imagine a dealer haveing a problem with you doing most of the work. We all hate pulling cable.

Agree !

lately 75 % of my sale with Avigilon go this way

I help with design,supply, setup if need it

Customer does labour portion

Everybody happy

A really cool low light camera is the Mobotix S14. First, no need for an NVR, it's built in. Just need a small PC to run their CMS software, MX ControlCenter. You can order the S14's with 2 night sensors which are really crisp sharp b&w you can't get from any color sensor I've seen.

Buel how many mobotix cameras have you installed in a night club?

Mobotix has great cameras but the most un-user friendly software on the market. There cameras are also some of the most expensive cameras on the market so if you use them with 3rd party VMS your going to have a very expensive system.

Mobotix is not that expensive when you consider you don't need an NVR solution and that one S14 is really 2 cameras in one, with 2 separate lenses that can be about 12' apart, so two cameras for the price one one. Also, sits flush with the ceiling tiles, only about 2" diameter, a lot more discrete than standard domes.

mobotics don't work in a club environment for a club if you mean music club .....low lights /and flashing lights then look at hybrid gives you more options for dark places and don't use anything with IR lighting.

Mobotix is not that expensive when you consider you don't need an NVR solution and that one S14 is really 2 cameras in one, with 2 separate lenses that can be about 12' apart, so two cameras for the price one one. Also, sits flush with the ceiling tiles, only about 2" diameter, a lot more discrete than standard domes.

Buel your not telling the whole story here bud..... You ONLY don't need a NVR when you use their terrible software. If you use third party software then you need a NVR and at $1878 unit that is not cheap.

Again I ask how many Mobotix cameras have you installed in a night club?

Thanks again for the info, we ended up going with avigilon, went with 50 megapixel cameras that came well under budget. i however will build the nvr (theirs were a bit to much money) and use their software,thanks again for you guys, i would of ended up buying a horrible system if it weren't for your comments

Thanks again for the info, we ended up going with avigilon, went with 50 megapixel cameras that came well under budget. i however will build the nvr (theirs were a bit to much money) and use their software,thanks again for you guys, i would of ended up buying a horrible system if it weren't for your comments

Their servers are Dell Enterprise class servers.

4 Hour Dell support if you have a problem. Well worth it in a Production Environment.

We installed Mobotix Q24 N11 Cameras in a small bar/nightclub and the results were pretty good. In addition we used a D12 at the entrance with 1 wide angle lens to capture the person entering, and the 2nd lens with a telephoto trained to a podium that was used to record ID's. There are many cameras that will work in a club setup it all depends on what your needs are and your budget.

Thanks for comfirming that Mobotix can perform in this environment.

I see you work with OpenEye, what do you think of their cameras? We put in 7 CM-715ai and yanked them out because they had serious led bleed and their motorized focus was impossible to set correctly. Was very disspointed with them as we had good hopes from their lesser cameras that peform well.