ctbaker

Is there one camera to rule them all? A 1-camera system?

Hi,

I started out wanting lots of cameras around my house to cover every possible location etc. Then I wanted to move to megapixel cameras and cut down on the number of locations. Now I would be interested in a 1-camera to rule them all setup.

Is there an outdoor WDR day/night IP camera with automatic zoom, pan, tilt with optical zoom and auto focus that will look for, lock on and then track moving objects while recording? One that either records to an internal sdcard is preferred but not required.

I want to keep track of the general comings and goings around my property with a single camera (not more than two ) that will scan the property and record activity as it happens and that is easy to go back and review as needed. Being able to mount on my antenna tower and using the zoom to see what is going on would be a plus as well!

Thanks!

I'm just guessing right now, but probably an auto tracking, auto zoom, megapixel IP ptz would probably cost

more money than several fixed IP megapixels. And I wouldn't trust just one camera to cover my entire

property, just my .02.

Yes, the Axis Q6035E does it all. I have the review on my blog. Excellent camera and well worth the modest price tag.

Thanks, I'll give that a read. I found some Panasonic cameras that cost $2,000-$4,000 a piece. yikes!!