Sign in to follow this  
Cleaton

PTZ Decoder Board HELL!!!

Hey all, I'm new to this forum so first of all, HI!!!

My issue that I have to come to pick all your brains with is in regards to a DV730 decoder board made by DRAGONET.

This decoder board came installed in a bunch of PTZ domes that my company got and I have not been successfully to get any of them to work.

This board is supposed to be compatible with all the major protocols (PELCO-D, PELCO-P, VICON-SURVEYOR99, KALATEL-KDT312, SAMSUNG, KODICOM- KRE301RX, SANTACHI-450, HY, DH, YAAN, PIH1016, B01, V1200, PEARMAIN, RM110, VC, KALATEL-KDT304, SANYO, etc.)

I am simply trying to get it to work on Pelco D on a Retina DVR (RET1001 - Retina 8ch DVR 500gb H.D. H.264 HexPlex 2 SATA) (( this dvr has worked with numerous other PTZ cameras)) using the 485a/b connection.

Has anyone out there used this board before and had success??

Hi there. I can't help you with this specific board, only make some suggestions.

It appears to be a generic decoder to control basic domes - those without preset positions.

Have you tried the basics, such as switching the RS485 A and B lines over? Also, are you supplying the decoder with 24V AC (it doesn't look like it'll work from 12V DC)? It uses 24V AC to control the dome motors.

What protocol do the domes claim to support? The dome manufacturer will have set the decoder board DIP switches set for one protocol and baud rate.

If the DVR and dome protocol matches, have you tried different baud rates?

A quick look around the web hasn't revealed any instruction manuals, so your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer:

http://longyang.en.ec21.com/Built_in_Decoding_Board--821307_821389.html

and see if you can get the switch settings.

Worst case you might have to buy one of the boards. Hopefully they don't have a minimum order of a dozen!

Have you removed one of the decoders? Maybe the switch settings are silk-screened on the back of the board. A bit of a long shot, but you never know...

Otherwise you could replace the decoders. I've seen similar for sale on Ebay for $20 to $30, brand new. I think they only did Pelco D and P.