marcosffa

Total Newbie - Need 16 Outdoor Camera Setup under $5,000

Hey guys, I've stumbled upon this forum after literally 3 or 4 days of scouring the internet trying to learn about security cameras. It isn't easy to find useful info and I'm glad I found this forum.

I want to create a 16 camera setup with 12 cameras being outdoor and 4 cameras indoor to watch over the nanny with my kids. My main concern is that the outdoor cameras are visible deterrents, can take the weather, and are of good enough quality to actually identify people. I have the typical Lorex camera system for my business (indoors) so I'm familiar with cheap quality video and how useless it can be for actual application when you really need it for identification.

I'm willing to drop $5,000 on a system. Can anyone help out with a recommendation? Thank you.

Also, I was thinking about trying to position one or two cameras to capture license plates of potential intruders. What recommendations would you have for something like that as well?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate this tremendously.

5000 is a nice budget for an IP megapixel system. The Dahua IPC-HDB3101's are excellent quality and are outdoor. You could run a cat5 to each camera and use

a crazy POE for all those cameras or power them seperately. You would need a 16 camera NVR and I would use at least 2TB's for all of those cameras. For indoors, you can use the dahua IPC-HD2100. Or if your looking for covert for the nanny, I would use something else.

You could run a cat5 to each camera and use a crazy POE for all those cameras or power them seperately.

What exactly is a crazy POE?

Crazy POE can handle Crazy Power

LMAO! Ok... a normal 24 port POE smart switch (unmanaged) costs in the $350 - $600 range and is fully 802.3af complaint. There are very few cameras out there that would require POE+ (or 802.3at) and if you are trying to stay on budget just avoid those and move on.