jisaac

Pelco Dx800. Anyone with Experience

Anyone have any dealing with the Pelco DX8000? Any thoughts or complaints on it. I am ordering one. Would like to know how it is.

I THINK ITS 720X480. CAN YOU EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT WAS SO BAD OR WHY? WHAT ELSE ABOUT IT? ANYTHING GOOD?

Taken fron the spec sheet since my memory isnt that great going back 6mo to the show

Up to 720 x 480 Recording Resolution

Up to 480 Images Per Second (IPS) Recording Rate at 320 x 240

Resolution (NTSC)

so it can record at 704x480, but at a very low frame rate 4CIF 90fps total and 5 per camera per the spec sheet

ok as far as the gui goes.. i took a look at the main screen and i said to myself.. where do i go to do anything -- wayy to many buttons, layout is just too busy and i come from the software world where ive sold very technical enterprise software for 9yrs... maybe i was also not impressed because the guy that was showing me the system at the show didnt know anything and was having problem navigating.... im the furtherest thing from a pelco basher, i sell a lot of their cameras but the dvrs are very disappointing and way overpriced

Pelco doesn't do their own DVR's. At least the 8000.

That was an FYI. Pelco doesn't have a lot of control over the 8000. It was done in Korea.