oloye

Help, Blank remote view

Hi , oloye here, am new to the forum and to CCTV system, i live in lagos, nigeria. I have a H.264 4 channel standalone network DVR connected to a router and the appropriate port opened as confirmed from success response from canyouseeme.org. but anytime i tried to view the footage remotely, all i get is a blank page and a page loading sign that never go away. please someone help

What public IP address do you use to access the DVR? Is it a static or dynamic IP? If dynamic you can either request a static IP from your ISP or obtain a free dynamic dns account from a service like NOip.

If your DVR does not support the dynamic dns service you will then have to either update your ip address manually on the noip website or download their update software. Only problem with that is a computer has to be on all the time or regularly to update you internet ip.

While at a remote computer you enter the dynamic dns address in the DVRs remote software or enter it in the web browser along with the internet port (8080 in my case).

Here, in the states, I also open up port 8080 and forward to the DVR's IP to that as well.

@jakesoundels, thanks alot, i actually used a static IP and i open port 8080, av also deactivated some activexplug in as adviced but i still keep getting the same blank screen with a tiny square by the upper leeft hand of the screen, see attached