ilkevinli

Any site sponsors selling the DH-IPC-HFW​2100N ?

Are there any site sponsors in the US selling the Dahua DH-IPC-HFW​2100N ? I am looking to buy one and would like to support a sponsor if I can. PM me with you info. Thanks.

Why, good question and I think I answered that before but it's slated to come out at the end of November, which is manufacturer talk for maybe next year. I'm still waiting for a camera they announced months ago Heck, I'm still waiting for a camera Axis said would be available in August.

Actually it's a big holiday in China from the 1st to the 8th, then Kyle is traveling the week after. What will we all do without Dahua cameras

Actually it's a big holiday in China from the 1st to the 8th, then Kyle is traveling the week after. What will we all do without Dahua cameras

maybe kyle is going to china to pick up those new cams, waiting patiently too!

i bought a ton of these on aliexpress for myself, i pray they come, but i figured that even if i had a 20% failure rate, i can still afford to replace it for the same price i would pay in the us.

not that i wouldn't like to support the site sponsors, but these things are made in china anyway by a chinese company, so nothing wrong with buying them direct.

Looks like Empire's got them back in stock again.

I'm testing a 2100 against a Vivotek IP8332, and it compares pretty favorably in terms of image quality and low-light response, but the software's not particularly mature yet. Still, the 2100 appears to be the new sweet spot for a mid-range outdoor IR cam.

Which 2100, they make a few, the mini dome, mini IR dome or mini bullet or their IR vandal dome? I just ordered their 2100 mini IR dome, just came out, I like the format, sort of a cross between a dome and a mini bullet.

Also, out of curiosity, what did they charge you shipping from China? I heard people pay $80 for 2 cameras, but don't know if others have experienced that.

Which 2100, they make a few, the mini dome, mini IR dome or mini bullet or their IR vandal dome? I just ordered their 2100 mini IR dome, just came out, I like the format, sort of a cross between a dome and a mini bullet.

Also, out of curiosity, what did they charge you shipping from China? I heard people pay $80 for 2 cameras, but don't know if others have experienced that.

bought 4 cameras, free EMS or DHL express shipping.

they charge approximately 10 bucks per camera for regular shipping in smaller quantities.

hard to beat that price, considering if one fails, i can afford to buy another one from the savings.

My comparison is with the mini bullet, as it's very similar in specs and functionality to the IP8332. My cam came from empire security, free shipping. I don't know how their price compares to the China direct prices.

Who do you order from? I'm looking at some of their 3200 bullets to beef up the resolution on some of my locations.

I don't think you'll save much on the hfw3200 bullets. The places on Aliexpress are well over $300 and may be the same price as buying it in the U.S. Just go to Aliexpress and enter the part number or just 1080P bullet.

I just purchased two Dahua cameras from a seller on Aliexpress (the 2MP Dome and the 1.3MP Bullet). I paid just under $300 for the entire order. I placed my order on 9/20, and it wasn't shipped until 9/27 (from Hong Kong). It will likely arrive by Saturday so approximately 20-25 day delivery timeline. The trade off is that I do not have access to the same service that a distributor like Empire would provide. For example, regular firmware updates and post-sale service/support.

I am waiting on purchasing an NVR. If I need one, I would like to purchase the 8 channel Dahua NVR from Empire. $325 seems like a great deal.

The problem I found is that if you pay for DHL to get it quicker, on small 1-2 camera orders, you are not saving a lot. Sure, on larger orders, 4-6 cameras you can save a significant amount. I've gotten cameras from China as fast as 2 days with DHL.

For me, when ordering from China, it takes about 10 days, sometimes a little more to get stuff from there using their normal mail delivery. But consider that China was closed last week, so no services were open and that may have contributed to the longer ship time. I know I ordered something (not a camera) the first day of National day and they just shipped it this Monday. Don't vacation in China that week, not fun, nothing is open.

Don't know why they wouldn't give you support, firmware updates and such. Did you ask them?

Don't know why they wouldn't give you support, firmware updates and such. Did you ask them?

I should have modified what I said, I assume that I wouldn't receive normal firmware updates as I would with a local distributor. When I sent them a question on this very same topic, I received a cryptic response saying that I shouldn't worry because these cameras are from the latest shipment so they will ship to me with the latest firmware.

the seller i got it from sent me firmware for the hfw2100n within a day of me asking for it. it was a aliexpress seller.