garbs

Deisgn system for work, remote viewing ptz.

Hello guys, a newbie here need some guidance.

We keep getting our factory yard broken into. Stealing scrap steal etc. Our yard is fairly large.

What I wanted to design is a system that will send an email to my phone alerting me of movement in the yard, I would like the ability to login remotely via internet and control PTZ to scan the yard.

Here is the components Ive picked so far. Will this cover the needs? Or will I need an NVR or DVR? I dont have much experience with NVRs or DVRs.

Telemetry Reciever DTRX324 $428.37 - with auto tracking, but I think I might not need that option

Pan Tilt pth311p $604.22 with auto tracking, but I think I might not need that option

Camera acti-kcm5211e $822.36

Motion Detector Qty: 2 LX-802N

Infrared LED Illuminator 60°, 12-24VAC/VDC IRH60L8A $178.00

Harddrive for footage storage 1TB $100.00

Advanced PIR Detector $400.00

Can you guys suggest some good PTZs with IR built in? Our yard is dimly lit and that would be an issue. I also seen some IR illuminators for a not bad price for the range.

In some cases its not best to have IR on the camera but to have it away. motion sensing for one , small creatures like spiders, moths, etc will trend towards the IR for warmth and home making.

I'll install regular floodlight if you can. Thieves don't like properly lite areas. I prefer keeping them off property than catching them.

If it must be ir you can get vitek ir for decent investment. They also have 110v type that you can install easily.

The other solutions look sweet but i got the feeling if they had the money they'll hire a pro not googling for advice.

We keep getting our factory yard broken into. Stealing scrap steal etc. Our yard is fairly large.

Why do you think this happening? Is this happening during the day right under your noses, or mostly during off hours when the facility is empty? Is your facility properly lighted at night? Do you have security cameras in line that aren't helping you? Do you have a full alarm system installed, monitored by a central station, which will help provide fast police response? Has the points of entry been addressed to help keep people out? Do you have security personnel on premise- the very people that will be working and monitoring any camera system you install? Just spending large bucks on a camera system that sends you emails- hundreds of false event emails- isn't really the answer.

The only somewhat automated system that can help is a full alarm system monitored by a reputable central station. It does work. Central station will dispatch police faster than you receiving a motion event email EVER will. Shoring up your perimeter, an alarm system, a camera system, and security personnel to monitor that system, not to mention just be a presence deterrent can help. As far as what dvr and cameras you install, that's important- when you get to that step of the process. Don't jump ahead to that until you have considered and fixed everything else. Otherwise you'll keep getting robbed. One of the hundreds of motion emails will try and tell you that, but you're very likely to miss it- and most certainly miss actually catching them. Good luck.