FlashEngineer

Angle of picture/camera for front door?

Got my KCM-7111 installed, pretty good quality this camera, expensive but worth it for the front.

I have couple options in capturing angles for this camera, later I will add more so I can change.. but does this angle look good or should I level the road to the bottom?

Cam3.20121020_164615.thumb.jpg.2a14eef919f10bb56e9c3de127b48269.jpg

Looks good to me- good door and walkway coverage plus you see lots of what is going on in the street. Unless you want to give up street coverage for more coverage of the sidewalk and front of your house. Got any more cams covering the rest of the front of your house?

Looks good to me- good door and walkway coverage plus you see lots of what is going on in the street. Unless you want to give up street coverage for more coverage of the sidewalk and front of your house. Got any more cams covering the rest of the front of your house?

Yeah I can either give up street coverage for more my house but then I won't get a tight angle seeing the door, unless I'm not moving it right.

I only have one in the front, I eventually want a street coverage cam and maybe some side cams to view the windows on left/right of the house, not sure if this is overkill though.

Can you angle it a bit to maybe catch sight of your mailbox or mail slot? I make sure my mailbox is in view of my front door cam even though it costs me some street coverage.

Can you angle it a bit to maybe catch sight of your mailbox or mail slot? I make sure my mailbox is in view of my front door cam even though it costs me some street coverage.

My house doesn't have mailbox, we have a "community" mailbox which is down the street. So it gives the laziness of the government to just delivery to one location for several houses

I just don't like to bend my neck to look at the picture, it kind of looks weird...

The only other thing I can do is position so the road is parallel to horizon and set my resolution the the highest on this camera which is greater than 1080 but then my FPS drops to 8fps. That view is good because it gives a 5:4 aspect, 2032x1920

Sucks on 8FPS though, I have at least 15FPS @ 1080

That is more convenient for them and saves gas, time, labor, etc. (Or do you want a rate increase so they could hire more people? ) Plus I think it looks better then a different style mailbox by every house which get damaged and look bad.

My house doesn't have mailbox, we have a "community" mailbox which is down the street. So it gives the laziness of the government to just delivery to one location for several houses