bfulton01

Help - Need Daycare DVR w/ remote viewing

Looking for remote viewing DVR system that will time out after some specified time, like 5 minutes. The idea here is to keep parents from keeping the monitor on all day and sucking up all the bandwidth.

Also am interested in

Grant/deny each user access to specific cameras

Grant/deny each user ability to view and filter recorded video

Any ideas an a system that can do this?

For PC Based, the Geo works very well for what you are wishing to accomplish. You can setup passwords for the parents when they enroll a child into the daycare which will only allow them the permissions/cameras you wish for them to view. You can set the maximum limit for people logged in at one time, and also setup the maximum online time before it automatically logs them out.

Scottj

Very weird..Had the same question asked to me about 10 minutes ago. Guy needed a DVR for a DayCare and wanted an auto Time/Out. Waiting to see if my companies DVR's are capable. It may be something set up on the network not the DVR to auto kick after a certain time of connecting to specific network IP. Pretty sure they are but I will be sure to post when I find out.

good luck

Well I checked with our Tech here. Our DVR is capable of limiting users and limiting them to particular cameras, but no option as of yet to limit time logged on and auto-logout when time is reached. You can also schedule a particular time for the network to be enabled or disabled.

Like thomas said you can do this from some routers. Not sure which ones...have to do some research on that.

Any IOS level Cisco or mid range Juniper should be able to. You won't be able to do it with any from Linksys or D-Link.

I don't want to block the traffic. Just want them to refresh. The idea is to keep parents from leaving the live video on all day long in the background. I would prefer to stop the video stream afer 5 minutes and force them to hit some button to refresh and give them another 5 minutes. They should be able to do this as much as they want.

Can I get a Cisco router to work like this?

I like the GeoVision Option. Will it work with IP Cameras? I haven't seen a software only option for GeoVision. Is it available?