IAOKC

Suggestions/Recomendation for a DVRsystem and cameras

I recently purchased a convenience store and the previous owner decided to take the DVR with him. He left the cameras where they were. I am tying to find a 16 ch dvr system. and get an opinion from some of you guys who might have had some of these systems before or have knowledge about them . The dvr should be able to play back all cameras real time and record. also easily view from anywhere. The company should have a good customer service.

Edited by Guest

Take a look at the Aver Nano Hybrid DVR. I've been using it lately. They have a 16 channel version. Over the course of 2 years I had to contact Aver support 3 times and each time I was more than satisfied with their service. My distributor also. If you're interested, contact Aver via their "where to buy" link on their website and they'll direct you to an authorized reseller in your area.

Take a look at the Aver Nano Hybrid DVR.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did cost you and did it come with cameras, wiring, or installation kit.

You can find the 16 channel without hard drive for around $600-$700. It does not come with cameras, cables, installation kit, etc., just the DVR + necessary accessories (power supply, cable to connect cameras, remote control w/ batteries, hard drive screws). Figure a decent quality 2TB hard drive will run around $150-$180.

If you're concerned about service (and I believe you are), read Aver's sales policy here and avoid purchasing from unauthorized sellers:

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/sales-policy.asp

Also, before purchasing anything, look at several DVRs and decide what features are important to you and what fits your budget. There's a lot to choose from.