coronagrey

Can't view remotely using DVR software

I have a pc connected to a netopia 3347nwg router which gets internet access from a DSL line. I am trying to connect remotely. Since the computer has a router assinged IP, what IP do i put into the client software to connect to the pc that the dvr card is installed on? Its not working with the main static IP. The software is called Digital monitor system came with the DVR card from ebay. Thank You

I dont know the router or the DVR card,

Bu you need to create a local IP in the DVR and port forward to it in the router.

Find out what port it uses to connect to. Easiest way is to read the DVR manual. Look for the network section of it. Also, if it comes with network software, check to see if in the connection area of it, if it shows a port number. Also check the server software/Programming (Network section of it) to see if a port is listed. Alot of times it can be as simple as just Port 80.

Basically in the Applications & Gaming Section / Servers of the Router, you need to add a Server/Application. Call it whatever you like.

Enter the port number and select TCP only. Where it sais Port 0 to 0 enter the same port number twice. Enter the DVR/Cameras internal IP. Enable it.

This way using your static IP from outside, and the DVR/Camera software it will connect to the DVR/Cameras Internal IP and port.

Next, it depends on the port and DVR. If it is using port 80 or you are connecting via Internet Explorer, you can goto DynDns.org and get a free account, set up a name and enter your static IP.

With the Linksys router you can enter your account info in the Router and it will update it regularly so you never need a static IP. Other routers also have this feature and support various DDNS companies.

Also, in the router, some stand alones require the DMZ to be enabled for that internal IP. PC DVRs never need it as far as I know.

AS for the router you have, this may or may not be it but its the same brand:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/Cayman3300/default.htm

Rory