PS362

Assistance Locating IP Cam on Network

Hello

I need some assistance locating an IP camera on the network. The camera was potentially hacked and the IP address was changed. The camera is in a tough location to gain access to restore to default settings so I wanted to see if there is another way to locate the camera. I have control of the power and ehternet conection. I have searched in DOS cmd for the ip address but it doesn't show. I was using the camera onboard software to login and it would not allow an IP address of 192.168.0.1 only a 192.168.1.1xx however the last time i was able to see the software the camera was running on 192.168.0.xxx and the third field is not a changeable option in the camera software.

Also I need a recommendation for a software viewer for multiple locations with ip and cctv dvrs.

Thanks in advance.

Moose

What is the manufacture of the camera? Most have a utility software that is designed to auto discover the cameras on your network so you can address them. Some will even discover cameras on different subnets.

it is a samsung snp-3370thn

i found the ip locator app and located the camera

now anyway around the password or doing a remote reboot. Password was changed also.

I own four of these samsungs and my network was compromised. I had to puchase a new $1000 firewall. New switches, reformat a laptop and a desktop. I have spent another $400 on network software. Now I am down to what was the least of my concerns and getting control of my camera before having to rent a scissor lift.

I don't have time to sit around and hack into cameras unless I own it and trying to salvage it.

Please offer assistance if you can, if you can't then I appreciate your proffessionalism of not waisting our time.

Ok

I have another question if anyone can assist me. The three other IP cameras have a button to push and hold to return the camera to default settings. I do know that this particular camera does not. It has to bare pins. Perhaps where a "jumper" would go. Is this how I would default this particular camera. I cannot find anything referencing not having the default button in the documentation. That will be my next problem when I get to the camera and return it to default settings. Any ideas?

If you using a samsung product it is generally easier to send an email to the techs at samsungtechwin or samsungelectronics depending on your model . It might take a day or two and might not be good very english but they have always come through for me in the past