JohnSmtihh2

I need DVR with remote access.

I live in building with 2 broken gates and door, everyone (mostly homeless and junkies) come in and sleep here. Building management virtually does not exist.

Me and my neighbor decided to put few cameras for our parking spots under the house, lights are broken and beyond repair (professional electrician needed) in one of the spots so its very dim at nights besides timer that starts lights in the evening is occasionally getting broken so i need some camera that can handle dark enviroment.

I cannot have DVR box in my apartment, perhaps i can put DVR in my neighbor apartment or hide it somewhere in the building, yet i need to have full access to footage 24/7.

Perhaps 6-8 channels DVR that allows full remote access tough browser or software is ideal solution for me with. Can you recommend one in particular, i don't want to pay more than $100 for DVR.

Also cameras that can handle low light environment but wont cost a lot.

I got a few links from amazon if i allowed to post here can you tell me if any one of this products are what i need?

Forget the DVR.

Get some cameras that are night vision switching IR with SD cards at the cameras. No DVR to mess with. Each camera has a static IP address you can access with a passord.

Cameras, cables,(CAT5e),POE injector, or power supply. Some are wireless capable to a wireless hub.

I just read $100 limit on DVR. You get what you pay for. Buy a wildlife camera and nail it to a tree.

Good luck installing the cameras in good close locations covering your vehicles and running the wires in protected locations to a hidden DVR while keeping this secret from the folks that'll be crawling all over while you're doing it. I bet vandal domes mounted outdoors will get smashed, let alone what'll happen if you try and install cheapo IR bullets. I'd bet a dollar that the junkies are smashing the lights in the area, so guess what'll happen to your cameras? Then they'll start looking for the DVR and whoever put it there. Oh yeah, remember when some of the locals were watching while you installed the cams and wires? Then YOU will have a nice big target on your forehead.

If you think you can hide them in the building and run wires to a DVR somewhere close so nobody can see you run them, get yourself some B&W bullets with no IR and stick them in a window looking out of, say, a birdhouse sitting on a 2nd or 3rd floor window ledge. No IR means no glow for a hidden cam AND it'll look through glass if you want to keep the cam inside. Google ".0003 lux exview" for B&W cams that're really quite good in low light. aliexpress.com will probably give you the cheapest prices and more options than EBay. Probably 12 or 16mm lenses or better to get closeup facepics if you can always park your cars in the same spot, plus one with, say, a 3.6mm lens for broader coverage. Also, the lower the fstop rating of the lens the better it'll be in low light. You'd probably get by with 3 cams. Look for a full D1 DVR, or maybe flip a coin with your friend over who gets the single D1 channel that is common on the cheapest DVRs. Do not get one that's full CIF (horribly low resolution) if reviewing video afterwards is what you're after unless you can get the person to walk right up and look into your camera. Google cctv lens calculator to give yourself a better idea of what lenses you'll need after finding out how far your car is from where you'll mount your camera.

Good luck getting good stealthy lowlight performance for three cams plus a DVR with adequate playback quality for under $400-500. You might make it on aliexpress. Try looking for a Dahua full D1 dvr.

I'm sure the best fix though is to move. You'll end up as a target for every criminal and paranoid if they find out you've got cctv cams set up. I bet your room isn't secure for the DVR because the door kicks in easily.

Thanks for advice, however i dont see why i should be afraid of people who live there or walk in knowing its me who put cameras? When i see some bums/junkies i tell them to get out in person.

Another thing of course is that we have 2 buildings in complex and old manager put trash people (blacks and whites hispaics) in another building, and 2 apartments dealing drugs, however i did not mean to secure another size of the complex just our building.

I dont need high tec security equipment just dont want to hang out outside patrolling damn building 24/7 i am not a manager after all.\

P.S. Min.Iiumination: 0.1 LUX Color; sense up 0.0003Lux is the thing you were talking about?

You must live with a nice crowd then. A few miles from my place is pretty crackhead-eat-crackhead.

http://www.prosecuritys.com/kt-c-kpcex230hl.html

This is more like what I was talking about. No colour at all and no need for sense-up to magnify light but blur moving objects. Hard to tell if you have enough light without trying one though. IR is needed if it is REALLY dim.

If you think that nobody will wreck anything and it is really truly dark then feel free to run some IR cams wherever you want. The Samsung SDE-4001 kit comes with short-range but invisible IR cameras (940nm). Useless through glass though, so outside mounting and additional 940nm floodlights will be needed beyond about 20'. According to another poster those cams don't see the normal red 850nm IR floodlights. I use a CMVision 940nm floodlight from Amazon. $80. Gadspot makes some decent inexpensive IR cams that use regular IR if you don't mind drawing attention with the red glow.

I am in Hollywoodso its ok here bums/addicts are nice they dont want to get arrested.

I kind of dont want to order from china directly because shipping takes forever. Also floodlight takes a lot of power i rather do IR?

I guess i dont have to put camera inside parking garage lets say i put it high where no one can reach it around the building. Lets say IR red light does not matter i am not hiding camera i actually want them to see it so they get alerted that someone wathing.

I might even put few dummy cameras in parking garages and "video surveillance" signs everywhere for extra effect.

Now in that case what camera should i get say up to $40-60 per camera, I dont mind IR/ BW / colored just need model number or specs to look for except LUX. I need 4-8 of them.

Check this guy's reviews of the Gadspot stuff.

Not saying they're the best by any means but they seem to be better at night than the cheap IR bullets I've tried. Anything else I like is way out of your budget.