Sign in to follow this  
messimo

Lost password gadspot dvr

Hey guys

I lost my password entry gadspot,i try to open disk put way memory battery for 10 second still asking password

how i can reset all system ?

Thank you from now for ur time

cheers

In most cases, its a trip back to CHINA for the dear little one.

My preferred method. (not to be attempted by DIYer's)

The only other way might be a firmware update or restore which often asks you if you want to retain your settings before updating/restoring the firmware. Of course the answer will be NO and then you'd have to restore all the settings manually but at least you'd be starting with a clean slate and be able setup a new password and note down your safely.

This would be my preferred method. None of MY customers will ever have this problem as the Admin password is always a call away.

Yes I lock my clients out because I want them to LEAVE my settings alone. I can always change settings remotely if they want and I don't charge for that service.

I recently got called into an ice cream factory where the installer (I use the term cautiously) had reset the admin password and when he learned that someone else was working on the system denied having reset the password. I had to take it to the supplier to restore the default Avtech are one of the few that can be reset here in the UK, personally I don't want to know how to do it it's too risky.

Have to tried to contact CS at gadspot.com?

I wouldn't stand for not having admin control of my dvr, no matter what any installer said- even if I didn't know squat about the dvr. Keeping admin access out of the customers hands is not the right thing to do at all, imo.

Have to tried to contact CS at gadspot.com?

I wouldn't stand for not having admin control of my dvr, no matter what any installer said- even if I didn't know squat about the dvr. Keeping admin access out of the customers hands is not the right thing to do at all, imo.

Yes well most clients aren't capable of making or changing settings without getting into a REAL mess. They only need to monitor search playback and backup nothing more. Their time needs to be spent on running their business. If settings do need adjusting, I can do that remotely and usually for free. Mostly they want new user accounts, or to change their passwords etc. It works very well. When control freak clients demand full admin rights, it's not long before they are on the phone saying this doesn't work that doesn't work the DVR is useless and it's ALWAYS a result of them tinkering and to make it smart even more they have to pay through the nose to correct things.

One lady telephoned me and said this DVR is rubbish there are black squares all over the screen and the machine is beeping all the time. She absolutely denied tinkering but when I looked, I found she'd been messing with the Privacy Masking and couldn't undo her changes. I went into the log and there it was the evidence that her account had been used to set up privacy masking on four cameras but also that she'd been messing with the motion detection settings and set the buzzer. In spite of her denials there it was in the log. I emailed her a copy of the log, she could not deny anything now. Fortunately I always make a first setup backup disk. I warned her that after this time any such corrections due to her tinkering, would incur CHARGES. THe DVR ? A high end Dahua.

One lady telephoned me and said this DVR is rubbish there are black squares all over the screen and the machine is beeping all the time. She absolutely denied tinkering but when I looked, I found she'd been messing with the Privacy Masking and couldn't undo her changes. I went into the log and there it was the evidence that her account had been used to set up privacy masking on four cameras but also that she'd been messing with the motion detection settings and set the buzzer. In spite of her denials there it was in the log. I emailed her a copy of the log, she could not deny anything now. Fortunately I always make a first setup backup disk. I warned her that after this time any such corrections due to her tinkering, would incur CHARGES. THe DVR ? A high end Dahua.

I understand where you're coming from with that. MANY people should leave well enough alone if they don't know what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the techno-enthusiast tinkering and having a go, but when you are in business, or the system is bought to secure your home and you've paid to have it all done, it makes no sense at all that you should be allowed to mess it up and pay for the privilege of doing it.

In my book that downright STUPID. Some people NEED protection from themselves. In business CCTV is no toy to be played with and playing about with what you don't understand can and indeed does undermine the protection that CCTV brings in the event of a crime.

yes in short they have no business messing with what they don't understand.

but techno-enthusiasts have a legitimate reason to tinker with their own systems as they generally know how to read an instruction manual