Sign in to follow this  
nuttcase21

looking for a 16 channel nvr for 9 hd cameras

thought the dahua 16 channel was going to be a perfect fit for my design, but after seeing that it'll only accept 4 1080p or 8720p cameras, it's not enough. so where it stands, i need an nvr that'll record 9 720p cameras to start with and allow another 7 cameras as finances permit. i obviously want to keep things as cheap as possible, but i don't want to skimp on options either. i have a mix of 8 1.3mp cams with audio pickup and one 2mp ptz cam for outside. all help appreciated.

either you're looking at a different dahua-made nvr than i am, or the vendor you're looking at isn't providing the latest firmware. this particular model retails for $450 and originally had very limited resolution support, but with a recent firmware update now supports up to 1080p on all 16 channels.... specifically:

1080p IP Cameras (120 FPS total spread throughout all channels)

720p IP Cameras (240 FPS total spread throughout all channels)

D1 IP Cameras (480 FPS total spread throughout all channels)

i was pulling the specs right from their website but never looked to see if there were any firmware updates to change those specs. maybe its what i need afterall.

i'm mostly concerned that the 2mp outside camera will be recorded at the highest quality so that during playback i can drill down and catch a liscence plate at roughly 60-75 feet away. i know that depends alot on the camera but i need to make sure the nvr doesn't impede that. the camera i'm looking to use is the dahua SD6582/82A-HN in a parking lot that only has a single street light in it on the extreme right side. the lot is about 100 feet wide by 180 feet deep and can hold roughly 100 cars if people park correctly. am i on the right track here?