Sign in to follow this  
benybrady

Swann mobile device not showing up on DVR

Hi all,

Just purchase my first video surveillance systems....Swann DVR8-1400 and after setting it up and looking at trying to configure this to monitor thru my smartphone and watching all of the videos on the swann hompage about setting this up, I've noticed the mobile devices menu doesn't show up on my DVR? It says I have that option on the box when I purchase this from Fry's which is why I purchased this. Frustrated and this is driving me crazy. I'm not that computer literate and I've read the manual.

Thx in advance.

This the Advanced series model.

Its missing on my Swann system too. You don't need it, there are options elsewhere within System network settings, so you don't need it. I thought the same when I was setting mine up too.

Its missing on my Swann system too. You don't need it, there are options elsewhere within System network settings, so you don't need it. I thought the same when I was setting mine up too.

Do you know how to go around this......port forwarding????? Any place where to learn the basics of this.....Total newbie. The thought of doing anything to the router has thoughts of shutting down my whole computer running thru my mind.