catherine

there appear some pixels in the picture

hello, guys, I am new here.

I have met a problem, when playback more than two channels of the video, there appear some pixels in the pictures, that drove me almost crazy. Could you tell me what is the matter, and how to fix it?

thank you in advance!!!

Hello Catherine,

What camera system are you using (make/model/brand) and how is it set up in terms of frame rate and quality settings ? I assume that you are playing back images from a digital video recorder using a networked computer and remote viewing software ? How is the computer set up for its display settings ? Sorry for all the questions but some more info is needed.

Sean

Hi and welcome ..

what DVR are you using? Is it happening all the time?

Also, can you take a snap shot of the image, so we can see what the pixels look like?

Thanks

Rory

yeah,you got it, SeanMort, i use a pc dvr(pc with compression cards) coming with a software for the server management and the client end.And wherever i playback the videos from server or clent, i always had this problem.

we use different cameras brands, but normally NTSC cameras, mostly 420 tv lines, always color cameras, 30 fps and best quality setting always.

hi rory

i use a pc dvr(pc with compression cards) coming with a software for the server management and the client end.

here is the snap shot:

[/img][/url]

well ,guys,how can i put the short snap there?

btw, a friend of mine thold me that the hyper threading cpu caused the problem, is that possible? and how

Catherine,

You may need to adjust your video attributes (brightness, contrast, etc) to eliminate the pixel issue. If you are using a Kodicom or GeoVision board this is most likely the cause. Setting the brightness or contrast too low we can simulate the exact problem. A combination of the camera you are using plays a large role in this problem. Give it a try and let me know.

Scottj

Pixelation is the display of a digitized image where the individual pixels are apparent to a viewer. This can happen unintentionally when a low-resolution image designed for an ordinary computer display is projected on a large screen and each pixel becomes separately viewable.

Is your montior resolution up much higher than the resolution of the recorded video?

You can register with http://www.imageshack.us/

They provide this service at no charge and will host the images indefinitely according to their policy.

You just can use the service for hosting images as long as they are not used for financial gain, basically.

Once you upload an image and get a path to the image, you can insert it into your post and the image will be retrieved off their server for display in the forum.

Hope this helps.