Sign in to follow this  
Done11

Good picture at day bad at night

8ch DVR, 6 HQ IR cameras, VGA monitor and 32" LCDTV on video output. RG59 siamese cable.

From approx. 6am to 530-6pm the picture on both monitors are clear and stable. From 530-6pm to 6-630am the picture at the VGA monitor is clear and stable. The picture at the LCDTV video output is clear but not stable. Its stable for a second or two then starts to shake and scroll down ward then stabilizes, it does this for a few minutes or so. then shows video loss. It repeats this process through out the night.

Im guessing its a power problem and something to do with the cameras and IR at night. During the day the system is perfect. Problem is at night only.

Has anyone had this problem?

Any ideas on how to fix this problem??

Need help.

You are right about it being power. The power is dropping its bundle when the IR leds turn on. This is causing an amplitude drop of the frame sync pulse. The VGA monitor has a digital I/P which has been cleaned up & regenerated by the DVR. The LCD monitor has to make do with an analogue split before the DVR does its compession/storage. Beef up your power supply & the trouble should disappear.

the toss: Power supply to the DVR or to the cameras? Thanks for replying.

edit: the power supply to the cameras is old probably not pushing the same amperage it used to, will be replacing tomorrow.

I added 1.5 amps to each camera today and still having the same problem. Picture is great during the day but at night its comes and goes through the BNC out.

ANYONE out there have any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Side note: the LCD TV monitor is 500' away from the DVR.

I added 1.5 amps to each camera today and still having the same problem. Picture is great during the day but at night its comes and goes through the BNC out.

ANYONE out there have any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Side note: the LCD TV monitor is 500' away from the DVR.

I'd hardly call that a side note. When you say you get "video loss" do the words "video loss" actually appear on the screen?

Yes it does say video loss for a few seconds then the picture comes back on. Went there during the day today and the picture was clear and stable. I added a BNC to VGA converter. I'm using the VGA input on the tv now. Going to see how that works tonight. Thanks for your replies.

Ok, I added a BNC to VGA converter and now the picture is the continually but it scrolls half way down then back up to normal. It repeats this thought out the night. Going to add a video booster Monday. I hope this works. Been fooling around with this for three weeks now. Gotta get paid. Any input would be appreciated.

Yes it does say video loss for a few seconds then the picture comes back on. Went there during the day today and the picture was clear and stable. I added a BNC to VGA converter. I'm using the VGA input on the tv now. Going to see how that works tonight. Thanks for your replies.

So is the "video loss" message generated by the DVR or by the screen. This will tell you where to go looking. If I interrpret you correctly then you are losing all cameras & the "video loss" message is actually generated by the monitor itself because it has lost (useable) input. One other question - is this a new installation or has it been in & working for some time?

It's generated by the monitor. The picture (9 ch grid) is perfect at the monitor (VGA) that's at the DVR day and night. I upgraded the DVR and relocated it to the main office. I ran all new rg59 from the existing cameras. The cameras are good quality. 700tvl and 24led. I also added 1.5 amps to each camera.

Bring the LCD monitor back to the DVR to confirm the composite (BNC) O/p is ok from the DVR. If it is then your problem is the LCD screen itself or your cabling / terminations. I'm pretty sure VGA won't run for 500'

Found out that the security guards turn on two large flood lights at night. THIS is what's causing the problem with the picture at the guard tower. I ran a test cable along the parking lot thinking the way I ran the original cable (RG59) was getting some kind of induction or electrical interference. That didn't work. Anyone ran into this kind of problem? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.