Guest alopu

PTZ keyboard to PC DVR

Hi,

Need information’s about PTZ keyboard which can be connected to PC DVR (no matter what kind of recording board/system). Keyboard should control all PTZ functions and all DVR functions and should be connected to DVR through RS 232 port. It seems to me - it must be some kind of PTZ keyboard which can “emulateâ€

Many reasons but most important - as usually - because of client which wants to have single control device.

There is nothing on the market that will accomodate the request. Thomas's concept is about as universal as you can get.

Scottj

There are many products that will allow you to do this, the problem is not inthe keyboard but the DVR, the keyboard can use ASCI or CLI commands to handle all of the functions of the dvr.

When I install a DVR I wire a analogue montior to another location and one to where they need control then I use a keyboard controller that will handle every function on the DVR as as well as switch between views on monitos, like a matrix and it also does all the functions, the beauty of this is that the dumb security guy has a keyboard and a screen, from there he can burn, change views change settings etc, but there is no PC there, no network traffic and he can still control the PTZ's etc and several DVR's at once if you loop through.

Nice concept, you need a keyboard that allows programming of Asci commands. You then need to know these commands. Alof ot DVR manufacturers will give those out, the keyboard is another issue.

If anyone has links to a keyboard like this, or even an IR remote control, please post away. Perhaps it can be a project of ours and we can work on different DVRs to get something working .. the CCTVForum universal Keyboard & IR Remote

I know there ARE keyboards for PCs that have Joysticks on board (as the mouse), like the wireless keyboards I have used, so maybe something in that line will work, once it is programmable?

This reminds me of learning Phillips Pronto's from Audio Video IR remotes ..

thanks

Rory

I just use Panosonic or Bosch DVR's if I want to implement this kind of function, they have a universal keyboard that controls the DVR and screens and all functions as well as PTZ but can also control a Matrix if needed.

So if you go for one of those DVR's it is simply plug and play!

I am not sure I understand... what more complicationa re you after...on the Panasonic almost every option is covered in the keyboard and Bosch is just liek puching the buttons on the actuall machine, therefore everything you can do on the dvr can be done with the keyboard