mc4c

City Wide Surveillance

Hi All.

Anyone here have any experience with a city wide surveillance system utilizing NLOS wireless technology. I have been looking for products that operate in licensed spectrum that can allow for approx 15 Mbps effective throughput to the client but haven't had very much luck. Preferably capable of NLOS connectivity up to 5 miles. City landscape is mostly dessert, very few trees, but a few rather large buildings.

Have utilized a lot of Mesh and Point to Multipoint systems but I am in a situation where a NLOS product might be more effective. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

NLOS is very iffy and normally is 900MHz which and have a lot of interference in city environments

What Mesh and PTMP systems do you normally use?

Edited by Guest

In our community, we've given up on NLOS (900 Mhz) and went with mobile broadband routers. We do local recording using Mobotix cameras and very little remote access so 4G via VZW works for us. If there's an event, we go to the camera, plug a laptop into the mobile broadband router and download all the events we may need and view it later. At our main entrances, we hardwired using ethernet extenders back to our control room. We are a small community about 1 sq. mile but very hilly, tall trees. We looked at a mesh network but was too expensive.

Hi All.

Anyone here have any experience with a city wide surveillance system utilizing NLOS wireless technology. I have been looking for products that operate in licensed spectrum that can allow for approx 15 Mbps effective throughput to the client but haven't had very much luck. Preferably capable of NLOS connectivity up to 5 miles. City landscape is mostly dessert, very few trees, but a few rather large buildings.

Have utilized a lot of Mesh and Point to Multipoint systems but I am in a situation where a NLOS product might be more effective. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

What country is the system located and how many cameras?

Ilkie