roger phellps

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert...DVMS 16000

Hello, Having a little trouble trying to figure this out.

The Error is:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

The steps I have took are,

1: The BIOS will sucessfully flash

2: The Recovery will sucessfully run.

3: I have tryed installing new drives. Same out come.

4: I have messed with the jumpers on the drives. Same out come.

5: I have also tryed installing a completely new motherboard. Same out come.

6: I can still acess the BIOS and have tryed a couple of different things and I just can't seem to get passed this error.....

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Roger P.

That is the odd thing. Everything downloaded successfully. There wasn't any hang ups or errors. But it doesn't seem to be sticking. I've tried formatting 3 different drives and I am unable to get past that error. I can get into the BIOS, but beyond that I can’t get to windows....

Thanks,

Roger

I havn't. I will give that a shot.

hi. another quick test to try....... load software onto removerble hard drive .........then under BIOS select that drive as master boot

I may have missed something. Did you start getting this error right out of the blue on the original hard-drive or did it start after installing a replacement hard-drive?

Dennis

Tomcctv: I have tried to load the software, and selected the drive as the master boot. Same out come

aibudo: I received this DVMS with a defective motherboard. I replaced the motherboard with a new one which is the same model of the defective motherboard that I pulled from the DVMS. After installing the new motherboard is when I started getting this error. So I RMA'ed the new motherboard and received another board which I installed, and continued to receive the error I am currently getting....

So in a short description I started getting this error after installing a new motherboard.

Does that make any sense??

Thanks,

Roger

The ultimate issue was that the drives were not formatting correctly. Normally, and in most cases you run the recovery which sets up the drives how they should be. That was not working. What I ended up doing was, I created an adapter to connect the hard drive to my desktop computer, and had to format the drive that way. Reinstalled in the Intellex and it worked.

Thanks for the reply and fix. So many times, there is a repost to state whether or not the issue was corrected or not and what the ultimate fix was.

Dennis