chinasky

Help me design a CCTV for an existing restaurant

I currently have a really outdate and poor quality analog CCTV system (Tempest DVR with 6 cameras).

I have attached an image of the restaurant layout with some simple annotations. The arrows represent existing analog cameras that I probably plan on throwing away.

I was planning on upgrading the system a year ago, but the project has been on the back-burner since.

As for existing equipment, I have 5 Sanyo VDC-HD3500 cameras, 1 Arecont 1.3MP camera, and POE gigabit network switch. I plan on scrapping the old analog system completely.

Main points of interests.

- Monitoring all 3 entrances (Main/Front, Bar, and Delivery Entrances)

- Sushi bar

- Takeout packaging line

- Bar

- Both dinning rooms

- Front desk

- Guest closet

Secondary points of interest

- Bar shelf

- Delivery area

- Additional angle for the front desk

- Waiter stations

- Bar station

- Food prep area

- Hallway in the Kitchen leading to Delivery Area

- Hallway leading to Office and Bathrooms

- Outdoor cameras at both Main and Delivery Entrances

Other requirements

- Remote mobile monitoring within LAN

- Remote mobile monitoring outside LAN

- Stationary monitor in office

- Stationary monitor at front desk of takeout packaging area and sushi prep area in order to gauge food queue.

The lighting conditions are a bit dim. For ambiance, 40W incandescent bulbs are run at around 40% (not very useful without information of light fixture densities, etc. Basically pretty dim), so the color temperature is very low (probably under 2200k) in the dinning areas.

1794873956_CHINASKYlayout.thumb.jpg.87ace11fdf881c77f056ebb1e0f0b754.jpg

I currently have a really outdate and poor quality analog CCTV system (Tempest DVR with 6 cameras).

I have attached an image of the restaurant layout with some simple annotations. The arrows represent existing analog cameras that I probably plan on throwing away.

I was planning on upgrading the system a year ago, but the project has been on the back-burner since.

As for existing equipment, I have 5 Sanyo VDC-HD3500 cameras, 1 Arecont 1.3MP camera, and POE gigabit network switch. I plan on scrapping the old analog system completely.

Main points of interests.

- Monitoring all 3 entrances (Main/Front, Bar, and Delivery Entrances)

- Sushi bar

- Takeout packaging line

- Bar

- Both dinning rooms

- Front desk

- Guest closet

Secondary points of interest

- Bar shelf

- Delivery area

- Additional angle for the front desk

- Waiter stations

- Bar station

- Food prep area

- Hallway in the Kitchen leading to Delivery Area

- Hallway leading to Office and Bathrooms

- Outdoor cameras at both Main and Delivery Entrances

Other requirements

- Remote mobile monitoring within LAN

- Remote mobile monitoring outside LAN

- Stationary monitor in office

- Stationary monitor at front desk of takeout packaging area and sushi prep area in order to gauge food queue.

The lighting conditions are a bit dim. For ambiance, 40W incandescent bulbs are run at around 40% (not very useful without information of light fixture densities, etc. Basically pretty dim), so the color temperature is very low (probably under 2200k) in the dinning areas.

Now you need a CMS software to manage your 6 IP cameras .

or you can buy a HD 1080p NVR

Philip

Vidocanada@gmail.com

The current equipment I acquired was just an exploratory project to gauge the existing hardware. I was planning on demoing various software solution with my setup (PC, POE switch, and 6 IP cameras), but that project has been on the back burner for over a year. I would like to finish this project and get a setup running at this facility soon.

I do have a few more specific requirements that I would like implemented such as event triggering, e.g, opening and closing of doors and cash registers. However, all the local representatives that I have contacted have been less than helpful. I was hoping to get some pointers to help me in the right direction to complete the cctv system at this restaurant.

The current equipment I acquired was just an exploratory project to gauge the existing hardware. I was planning on demoing various software solution with my setup (PC, POE switch, and 6 IP cameras), but that project has been on the back burner for over a year. I would like to finish this project and get a setup running at this facility soon.

I do have a few more specific requirements that I would like implemented such as event triggering, e.g, opening and closing of doors and cash registers. However, all the local representatives that I have contacted have been less than helpful. I was hoping to get some pointers to help me in the right direction to complete the cctv system at this restaurant.

You have few Sanyo IP Mp cams

They are one of the best I work with

I have about 50 of them working with Avigilon

one of the best combo u can have

Where are u located

?

And u can use Avigilon IP encoders with your old Analog cams

+1 for the Sanyo ....... Very good camera and one of the few IP camera that is good in low light. And has some very good setup options.

Most good NVRs will run the Sanyo and vms software

You have few Sanyo IP Mp cams

They are one of the best I work with

I have about 50 of them working with Avigilon

one of the best combo u can have

Where are u located

?

And u can use Avigilon IP encoders with your old Analog cams

I rather not try recycling my Analog cams. The original installer did a horrible job, so the lines are riddled with physical noise. The cost of re-cabling the analog cameras isn't worth it.

I was interested in Avigilon, but the representative they sent over was less than helpful. He kept pushing me towards "cheaper" setups and never answered my question directly. I'm still interested in Avigilon, but I would like a better representation of what I'm getting.

The restaurant is located just north of Boston, MA.

+1 for the Sanyo ....... Very good camera and one of the few IP camera that is good in low light. And has some very good setup options.

Most good NVRs will run the Sanyo and vms software

I agree. I initially went with Sanyo cameras since they seem to have a wide support among NVR and VMS software while being some of the best megapixel ip camera on the market. It sad to see the Panasonic acquisition of Sanyo resulted in discontinuation of Sanyo's IP cameras.

I was interested in Avigilon, but the representative they sent over was less than helpful. He kept pushing me towards "cheaper" setups and never answered my question directly. I'm still interested in Avigilon, but I would like a better representation of what I'm getting.

The restaurant is located just north of Boston, MA.

What do you really want to know about Avigilon ?

Do u want me to give you short "speech" ?

and live demo from few customers