manix

Help, Schematic Diagram for installing CCTV using Cat5

Good day Sirs,

Pls Help me regarding the schematic diagram for CCTV using cat5 and Video balun,

with their corresponding maximum distance, affordable CCTV Cameras and DVR to use with.

Pls Help me.

Good day and God Bless to all.

Arman Rios

Good day Sirs,

Pls Help me regarding the schematic diagram for CCTV using cat5 and Video balun,

with their corresponding maximum distance, affordable CCTV Cameras and DVR to use with.

Pls Help me.

Arman Rios

Try this

Good day Sirs,

Pls Help me.

Arman Rios

Try this

tnx sir, God bless

Good day Sirs,

Pls Help me.

Arman Rios

Try this

tnx sir, God bless

After you learn the basics of using Cat5, you can get creative and start creating all sorts of distribution arrangements using Cat5.

I did one today it was only a domestic user with two cameras but she may add two more later. For the cables, I used two Cat5 cables

one carrying the signals for upto 4 cameras and the other carying the DC voltage (2 prs pos, 2prs neg) up to the first distribution box

( a slightly larger Junction box) In there I wired the first camera and took an external cable to the second camera.

It helps if you have a wiring convention, mine is that solid colours are +ve and white/stripe are -ve.

At the distribution box I inserted a DC splitter cable then powered both cameras from that using the second camera's cable to carry both DC power and video signal, A single pair for the video, and the other three pairs I split into 3 solid colours (+ve) and three white & stripes (-ve). This arrangement worked a treat and I am able to add two more cameras without running extra cable in the house. I just need to run the extra cables for the new cameras from the distribution box when I need to.

When I run DC power down Cat5 I always twist the solids together for +ve and white/striped together for -ve

Taking that wiring convention to the video pair I use the solid blue for video +ve and the white/blue for -ve (ground).

NEVER run power through less than 3 prs

After you learn the basics of using Cat5, you can get creative and start creating all sorts of distribution arrangements using Cat5.

I did one today it was only a domestic user with two cameras but she may add two more later. For the cables, I used two Cat5 cables

one carrying the signals for upto 4 cameras and the other carying the DC voltage (2 prs pos, 2prs neg) up to the first distribution box

( a slightly larger Junction box) In there I wired the first camera and took an external cable to the second camera.

It helps if you have a wiring convention, mine is that solid colours are +ve and white/stripe are -ve.

At the distribution box I inserted a DC splitter cable then powered both cameras from that using the second camera's cable to carry both DC power and video signal, A single pair for the video, and the other three pairs I split into 3 solid colours (+ve) and three white & stripes (-ve). This arrangement worked a treat and I am able to add two more cameras without running extra cable in the house. I just need to run the extra cables for the new cameras from the distribution box when I need to.

When I run DC power down Cat5 I always twist the solids together for +ve and white/striped together for -ve

Taking that wiring convention to the video pair I use the solid blue for video +ve and the white/blue for -ve (ground).

NEVER run power through less than 3 prs

but this is effectively what you're doing when running multiple cameras off that power. three cameras' power on three pairs will see the same loss as one camera on one pair.

how many pairs you need to use depends on the camera's draw and the voltage used. i've successfully run two cameras on 12v for almost 200' on a single cat5e - one pair for video, one pair for power for each. but these were quality non-ir cameras that require <200ma each.

We are talking about budget cameras that draw very little even with their IR lamps running.

If power dictates it, a heavier cable must be used. I don't need to hold anyone's hand, we all

are responsible for our own work.

If someone hasn't the noodle to work it out, they shouldn't be attempting it.

I do not have to state the obvious and be 100% specific on EVERY POINT

or I'd have to write a book

ahaa i would buy the book (if cheap ).

Ya, me too. Maybe I could get it at Comic-con and is would have the super hero CCTVMan. I need him here in New England bad. " title="Applause" />

Now there's an idea, but cheap is a word that is alien to me

Ya, me too. Maybe I could get it at Comic-con and is would have the super hero CCTVMan. I need him here in New England bad. " title="Applause" />

Frankly, we need him here in Old England too....