MRWHITE35

Have just purchased a cheap 4ch DVR card off eBay

Have just purchased a cheap 4ch DVR card off eBay, it came with pico 1.8 software, which is rubbish. Anyone know where I can download the latest version? Or any other good software that will work with this card.

Thank you

I would suggest that you buy your components from a reputable supplier direct, or contact the supplier who sold you the card through Ebay. There are many pirated boards, and we are not to support those in this forum due to rule changes by the site owner and Administrators.

Please see the link:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3301

Thanks,

Scottj

Sorry mate, I didn't even know that you could get pirated cards! I've hered of pirated software certainly, but certainly not hardware.... I only wanted a cheap set up to help protect my car, and house.

I completely understand, no harm, no foul.

There have just been so many people needing Ebay support that rules were put into place to help eliminate the idea of people using pirated software/hardware etc. There are many legitimate dealers/reps in here that sell products with support, and we encourage that method if at all possible.

Scottj

I havn't bought anything off eBay in the forms of these DVR cards. But surely not all of them are selling pirate cards? Must be a way to tell.

I'm sure some of the cards on E-bay are legit. But if you're asking me which way I'd place my money if I had to bet....

I can tell you that midwestcctv sells their stuff in ebay, which to be honest, is not a good business practice since they are supposed to be a distributors for dealers.

I can tell you that their stuff is legit.

I buy quite abit of stuff off eBay. And 98% of the time, I get what is advertised. I have bought some used cameras off eBay(to keep cost down), but no DVR cards.

I know alot of distributors sell their products on eBay to sell more product, even though it is against thier policies.