Have just purchased Sunluxy 4Ch DVR. Installed my own hard drive - no problems. The problem I have is that I have set all cameras to Motion and Sensor - the cameras are not recording until the item is almost out of the camera range. I have read the manual which is NOT helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have one of these also. Although I've not done much in the way of setup it appears to work OKish for me. Maybe you need to fine tune your requirements. You may need to increase the sensitivities and adjust the area being scanned, which you will need to do by login on directly to the unit and not over a network connection.

It could also be the hard drive you have installed, I had an old 40Gb drive laying around so have used that for testing and it doesn't couple well. Ordered a bigger faster drive, so will see if that changes things any.

Cheers

Garry

First make sure you have the sensitivity up- you may be missing events. Then make sure you don't have motion blocked out from where you want it to pick up. Check to see if you have a pre-record setting- it may be called pre-alarm or similar. If so, set it to 5 seconds. This will add five seconds to the beginning of the recorded event and can help. It will start your events 5 seconds prior to motion. Also look for a post record or post alarm setting. Set that to 5-10 seconds. That will add that time to the end of your recorded events and can help as well. If all else fails, what hard drive did you install- the recommended one for your dvr? It may be too slow to spin up and grab recordings quickly enough.