scouijji

MP setup with NVR mid budget

Hello, first of all i'm new to this forum and the ip camera world.

I'm currently looking to setup my house while in construction. I'll be doing everything by myself.

I've look around for a week now to understand what is needed and need some advice.

Here is what I intend to do :

16 ip camera with NVR budget 20 000$

4 full hd motorised like the Vivotek SD8362E. It will be used on the corner of the house to insure ability to monitor incoming people, cars, boats, etc

4 motorised 720p camera to monitor closer stuff around house

8 fixed 720p camera.

Every camera should work from -30 to 40 since im in canada and be Ip66 rated

Here is what i want to be able to do.

1. The 4 mains cam should be able to detect and auto follow intrusion upon detection and alert me.

2. Connect from IOS or android

3. Have a month of recording.

4. PoE should be first option.

Here is want I need help with.

1. What NVR choose (i'm looking at Qnap now but other might be better)

2. Are the Vivotek SD8362E any good or better alternative can be found.

3. What brand should I use for the 720p camera.

I hope I did give you guys enough description and sorry for my english, not my native language.

Thank you for your help

I prefer ACTi over Vivotek but ACTi's outdoor 1080P speed dome won't be available until March, but I would imagine pricing would be comperable to the Vivotek. ACTi does have the indoor version available now in 1080P but you can set it to 720P. With speed domes, the key factor is low light performance and I think the ACTi will win by a wide margin there.

If you stick to one brand, both companies provide free NVR software so you can setup a PC to record. Also, ACTi sells an NVR that's very good, fast, responsive but only works with their cameras.

You can get the new ACTi indoor domes like the D51 and are priced well, under $200 and are 720P.

Axis makes excellent cameras to do what you want, not sure it would fit your budget. The Q6035-E, a 1080P speed dome I reviewed on my blog would work, but would cost maybe double what the ACTi or Vivotek speed domes would cost.

Also, don't forget to get IR illuminators as the speed domes don't work in very low light or no light.

I'm currently looking to setup my house while in construction. I'll be doing everything by myself.

I've look around for a week now to understand what is needed and need some advice.

I hope I did give you guys enough description and sorry for my english, not my native language.

Thank you for your help

Where are you in Canada ?

I am in Alberta

Thank you for your help

Where are you in Canada ?

I am in Alberta

I'm from Montrea, Quebec

There's a camera company in Canada, forgot their name, starts with an A but AK357 knows them.

I used to go to Montreal a few times a year when I lived in NYC, even sailed up the river from NYC to Saint Jean when I was a kid.

There's a camera company in Canada, forgot their name, starts with an A but AK357 knows them.

I used to go to Montreal a few times a year when I lived in NYC, even sailed up the river from NYC to Saint Jean when I was a kid.

Just friendly reminder

The company is AVIGILON !

The best money can buy

Thanks