dchurch

IP/MP Camera with: Analog, SD card, and motion detection

Hello,

I have read several data sheets and posts here but have no personal experience with IP cameras.

We have an analog DVR system and no PC that can be dedicated full time.

But I've been looking at MP IP cameras that have onboard SD storage, motion detection, and built in "Analog Connection", or "Multiple Stream" ability.

I want to use the camera's analog for our DVR and connect the camera to a PC when needed for accessing SD recordings.

Can the built in "BNC connector" for example on the Vivotek FD8361 be used to feed an analog DVR simultaneous with recording of events in HD to the camera's SD card?

Can the "Multiple Stream" feature of, for example the Axis 33 be used to feed via a BNC connection to an analog DVR, while simultaneously recording events in HD to the camera's SD card?

Tech support for Vavio says their B7210 IP bullet camera can do it using the camera's built in analog jack. It was primarily designed for connecting to a monitor during camera setup but can feed full time, while recording HD to the SD card...

I can install a Siamese cable for the full time composite and 12v power, and install Cat5e for the intermittent PC connection.

OK, we could use a bullet (or a housed box cam) in one location but I'd really like a decent vandal proof dome at a second location.

Others that might work, or will work?

PS/

I've looked at hybrid DVRs and other options but believe adding the right cameras would currently give us the most value. We may dedicate a PC for these cameras in the future but I'd still like them to be part of our analog DVR system.

We currently have 12 indoor analog cameras. These new cameras are for 24hr coverage of a rather large parking area with some overhead lighting.

Thanks I could really use your help, at least some leads for following up with company tech support.

dc

Can the built in "BNC connector" for example on the Vivotek FD8361 be used to feed an analog DVR simultaneous with recording of events in HD to the camera's SD card?

Can the "Multiple Stream" feature of, for example the Axis 33 be used to feed via a BNC connection to an analog DVR, while simultaneously recording events in HD to the camera's SD card?

Yes, any IP cam with a BNC connector for setup can feed that signal to an analog DVR. It has to be always active - some can be disabled, and some are only enabled at certain times, so read the manual. It will be analog resolution, of course, and not the high resolution of the digital signal.

The multiple stream feature will only send out IP streams, and can't feed an analog DVR without a decoder.